Djamba

HushHushJamieXX_A6Flyer.jpg

Hush Hush presents....

THE XX dj set

(Mercury Music Prize winners)

...Jamie XX

(Young Turks/XL/Numbers)

Djamba, Point To C & Giles Walker

Hush Hush is proud to present what looks to be one of our biggest ever parties!

The XX have reached astronomical heights of stardom after picking up the Mercury Music Prize last year and their debut album 'XX' - melding dark emotive 80s guitar sounds with the high-end sheen of American R&B - received critical acclaim worldwide.

Jamie XX, beatsmith for the XX, joins us for a DJ set. A prolific DJ and producer in his own right having just completed a remix album for Gil Scott-Heron, remixes for Adele, FaltyDL, Jack Penat, Florence & The Machine and Nosaj Thing plus a forthcoming EP on Numbers to boot, this guy is one of the most promising musical talents to emerge from the UK. His DJ sets range from house to dubstep, grime to garage, hip hop to funky - taking in all the sounds we love at Hush Hush.

Friday 11th February 2011

Club Origin, Aberdeen

13 Adv - Tickets available from One Up or online here;

TicketWeb

jamiexx_thumb1.jpg

Jamie xx On James Blake - 31 Jan 2011 | Clash Music Latest Breaking Music News

Jamie xx has spoken of his admiration for producers such as acclaimed dubstep star James Blake.

Deeply involved with the production of The xx, Jamie Smith recently stepped out of the shadow of the London band. Working on his own material, the producer has pushed his way to the forefront of British dance music.

Several stunning remixes, a one off release on Numbers and a project with Gil Scott Heron followed. In a recent interview with ClashMusic James Blake admitted an admiration for the producer, claiming that they were coming from the same space.

Now it seems that the feeling is mutual. Speaking to Pitchfork Jamie xx continued the love-in, with the producer revealing his thoughts of emerging electronic music.

"That's what's going on in London still" he explained. "James is basically a contemporary, along with people like Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Pearson Sound, Joy Orbison. We all end up on a lot of the same bills together in London, and you get to know each other. There are a lot of producers in Brixton, where I just moved, so it's sort of a community."

Working on a series of solo projects, Jamie Smith also claimed that his experiences with dance music could inform the second album by The xx. Continuing, the producer explained that the new material would be "different" from their debut.

"I think it will definitely sound different than the last album and anything I've ever done, just because our ears have been opened to so much music" he said.

"Two years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of listening to most of the stuff I listen to now. Like, I wasn't interested in techno and house at all before but, when I was in Chicago, I bought a bunch of Dance Mania records from the 80s and 90s, and I've listened to a lot of that."

Jamie xx and Gil Scott Heron are due to release 'We're New Here' on February 21st.

Loads of tickets gone for this but still a few left at One Up and online so grab them while you can. We will be saving some for the door but get down early to avoid disappointment if you can't get a ticket beforehand.

Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie XX - NY Is Killing Me

Ticketweb link (tickets available online until 8pm Friday evening);

TicketWeb