aberdeen-music

Debutant: Video

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Sleepysoul Productions kindly asked if they could make a film focusing on Debutant, featuring live footage, interview footage, and pretentiouswalkingaroundraintroddenstreetsinLondon footage.

This is probably the sort of thing most of you will despise, and at almost 24 minutes, I expect approximately zero of you to watch it. But I was asked to put it up here, and the actual filmmaking itself is pretty good, even if I do talk a seriously large quantity of utter drivel.

Give it a gander, if you can be hooped:

'DEBUTANT' on Vimeo

Debutant | Facebook

Free downloads:

Debutant

Trying to watch it on works terrificly slow wireless!

At the moment ive got as far as your name and its now bufferring (has been for about 10 minutes!) but i am determined to watch it even if it takes me a day i short bursts.

Im sure it will be a good watch so good work buddy.

Same

I will persevere, it's still early afternoon

Guest idol_wild
That's quite clearly not you, idol_wild. Phil, maybe. But not idol_wild. Bloke in that video was nice and well spoken. idol_wild is a filthy bastard.

idol_wild will take that is a compliment. As will Phil, actually.

Thanks to those who took the time to watch and comment. I think Sleepysoul has done a great job of polishing a turd. :up:

Guest idol_wild
The cinematography and editing is superb. As is the music.

20+ mins for a web video is pushing it though. People don't have the attention spans anymore.

I do agree that it's a little on the lengthy side for the nature of the film, but the filmmaker plans to submit it to some small-scale film festivals and the like, so it is more of a short-film rather than purely for web use. I think he'll do something else with it, anyway - he put a lot of time, effort and emotion into it, and I think he wants to maximise exposure on the film circuit he's involved in. Good luck to him, anyway - he's a talented mutha.

Guest Gladstone

I really enjoyed this. I need to go to a Debutant gig again sometime.

Phil - do you have any CDs for sale?

(Debutant ones, not just any random CDs like your Jason Donovan back catalogue)

Guest idol_wild
I really enjoyed this. I need to go to a Debutant gig again sometime.

Phil - do you have any CDs for sale?

(Debutant ones, not just any random CDs like your Jason Donovan back catalogue)

My Jason Donovan back catalogue is all vinyl.

I did have a limited-run of self-made CDs with about 7 or 8 tracks and some homemade artwork, but I've managed to sell them all.

A compact disc (and potentially vinyl) full-length album will be recorded and released this year, however. :up:

Cheers for giving it the time of day, comrade.

Guest Gladstone
My Jason Donovan back catalogue is all vinyl.

I did have a limited-run of self-made CDs with about 7 or 8 tracks and some homemade artwork, but I've managed to sell them all.

A compact disc (and potentially vinyl) full-length album will be recorded and released this year, however. :up:

Cheers for giving it the time of day, comrade.

I posted it on facebook and a'thin, min.

I'm sure nobody on my friend list will bother watching it, but it's the thought that counts ;)

Guest idol_wild
I posted it on facebook and a'thin, min.

I'm sure nobody on my friend list will bother watching it, but it's the thought that counts ;)

Cheers min! Very kind of you, and appreciated. :up: