aberdeen-music

Seas, Starry; Matricarians & Oxbow Lake Orchestra, Cellar 35, 5th February

Seas, Starry is five people making instrumental shoegaze for all the family. It is our first gig, so it would be very nice to see lots of friendly people there. The FLy described us as "Often atonal, sometimes danceable, completely different to what's going on in Aberdeen now."

Seas, Starry

Matricarians create improvised musical pieces to which they later add traditional lyrics, from the folksongs of North East Scotland.

Matricarians on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Oxbow Lake Orchestra are traditional and original funky folk, according to the Village Sunset Festival.

The Oxbow Lake on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

3 entry and the first band will be on at half 8.

Hope to see you there!

A link to the facebook thingy is here: Login | Facebook

Hopefully there will be posters and flyers in town this weekend.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww shucks. I have a few spares kicking around so I'll take one to the gig for you Alan.

Really looking forward to this!

Ooh..thank you! My loft is covered in old gig posters, but the best ones get framed...which yours will be. :up:

For any Matricarians fans out there (and I know there's at least one!) the set on Friday with sumisumi, suporting Moon Unit will be along the 'waves of rough noise, gradually sanding away your epidermis' lines, and the Seas, Starry one at Cellar 35 will probably be the 'gently lulling bowls and bowed loops building up to a knee in the knacks' variety.