aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Would love one of these

AxeFx.jpg

How are they so much better than anything else, if you don't mind me asking? Are the sounds produced just that much better quality? I hear people creaming over them, but I hate patches and shit. I suppose if it sounds that good and has that many sounds it could be a super powerful recording tool.

Entirely disagree. If it's on par with the recent Squier output, I'd totally scoop a maple-necked jazzmaster. The butterscotch one is the tits.

Pretty much this. I much prefer the maple neck Fenders, and the hard tail bridge would get rid of tuning troubles that you get with some Jaguars and Jazzmasters. The Jaguars look pretty sweet too: Squier Guitars by Fender: The Official Website

It's hate move of the pick up selector and change of jack i don't like mainly. The maple neck is something i think just doesn't suit some guitars. Epiphone had a les paul with a maple neck too which i didn't like. I think i might be easier on it if it had the traditional tortoise shell that jazzmasters are most often paired with. I love jazzmasters and love the most recent squires so i'm sure it will be lovely to play:)

+1 on the maple necks....I have never liked them on any guitars to be honest, but yeah there are some which it just doesn't go with...it ruins those squiers, and as for gibsons...

raw-power-sg-header.jpg

thats just wrong!! :)

Maple necks on Gibsons is just plain wrong but I don't have a problem with them on Fenders.

These new Squiers are part of the Vintage Modified series, ie they are modified and not supposed to be vintage correct.

The new Classic Vibe guitars are about to be announce at NAMM and there's speculation that there may be vintage correct Squier Jags and Jazzmasters too.

+1 on the maple necks....I have never liked them on any guitars to be honest, but yeah there are some which it just doesn't go with...it ruins those squiers, and as for gibsons...

raw-power-sg-header.jpg

thats just wrong!! :)

Agreed that maple board on "traditional" Gibson designs look decidedly out of place (to me anyway), but it's ok on some of their "different" stuff:

05_all.jpg

I guess it's because they use maple so rarely that Gibson == rosewood gets hardwired in the brain. Not so much of a problem for me with Fender, as they've used maple and rosewood a lot more evenly over the years - in that it appears on initial inspection as common to see a maple board on a Fender as it is to see a rosewood one.