aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Fender's recent price hikes have put a bit of a dampener on my purchase plans for 2011. Products around the 500 mark are up to about 700 now, and the price increase is across their entire range from the looks of things. I almost always buy used gear but I was hoping to pick up a new Squier Classic Vibe Strat and a USA Jazz in the next couple months. OH WELL!

I have gear envy, my bass player has two very great USA Precision Basses, I told him that if he were to ever sell his red one, that I had dibs on it. It's fuckin beautiful and it's the best sounding bass I've ever recorded/played!

I'm also after a mic preamp for recording. A couple of new mics. Some new mic stands. Think that'll do for now..

Out of interest how/why did he end up with two Precision basses? Did he not fancy something different as a second option?

I have two 4 string and two 5 string fender jazz basses,they all sound different!

Yeah, yeah - I get that, but surely the tonal difference between two Jazz basses is not as defined as the difference between a Jazz and a Precision (as an example)?

Depends on the woods used for the body and fingerboard,for instance the difference between maple and rosewood is considerable!

Out of interest how/why did he end up with two Precision basses? Did he not fancy something different as a second option?

Because he wanted two? It's like people who have two Les Pauls, or two Telecasters. They sound good, they play good and they're solid. What isn't there to like about that? He has one as a backup.

Because he wanted two? It's like people who have two Les Pauls, or two Telecasters. They sound good, they play good and they're solid. What isn't there to like about that? He has one as a backup.

I concur, I've got 3 Telecasters! They do have different pickups and such but they are really the only electric guitars I feel are right for me.

Jesus...chill out, I'm not having a go.

There's nothing not to like about the situation, I was just asking.

Perhaps it's you that needs to chill man, I wasn't having a go and you've clearly misinterpreted my response.

If I'd said "Because he fuckin wanted two" then yeah, have sand in your vagina, but otherwise... nah.

It's a great thing for sure. Two USA Precisions = win :up:

Perhaps it's you that needs to chill man, I wasn't having a go and you've clearly misinterpreted my response.

If I'd said "Because he fuckin wanted two" then yeah, have sand in your vagina, but otherwise... nah.

It's a great thing for sure. Two USA Precisions = win :up:

You are probably correct. Balmedie sand right inside my vagina.

It is win, however my preference would be to have two guitars that are able to provide the widest possible tonal response (whilst still sounding good, obv). :)

I am very tempted by this:

jt100_sb.jpg

XV-JT100 Offset Alder Body Alnico JM90 Pickups pickups Vintage Sunburst

I've read lots of good things about these Xavier guitars, and they are super cheap too. Not sure if you can't get them in the U.K. though...

My tele parts are coming from GFS. No problem buying from them direct although postage was about the same price as the actual parts, plus I'll have duty etc to pay.