aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I saw that on Facebook, it looks lovely. Not sure if the neck profile would do it for me, but it's lovely nonetheless. There was a total mentalist worried that he was going to break the guitar by laying it on his stairs.

Seems that guy was just searching for arguments. We ended up posting a load of pictures of expensive guitars leaning on stuff.

Then he made some homophobic comments and was blocked from the group. 

Arsehole.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My finger is hovering over the Buy button on this Blacktop Telecaster. Anyone got / had one got anything good or bad to say about them?

http://www.waltons.ie/home/products/view/03afen-014-8200-509-fender-blacktop-telecaster-hh-electric-guitar-candy-apple-red-with-rosewood-fingerboard/

DV016_Jpg_Large_H61566.003.001_candy_app

I've got a Blacktop Baritone Tele - it's well built and nicely finished. Not too impressed with the electrics, could probably do with changing out the cheap pots and switches but the pickups are decent enough.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do still have the Jet King. I'm really sad it's broken but it was entirely my own fault for not taking care of it, like a total dick. 

I (OK my missus) decided I'm not going to buy it until November so I've time to mull it over. The Blacktop is cool and is a decent straight out of the box guitar, but I could also buy a standard Tele in arctic white (which I've wanted for a long time) and make it a wee project, customise it a bit, change the pickups, the trim, add a poker chip etc.

It's November. Picked this up today. Mexican standard Telecaster, twin humbuckers. Wee wedding present to myself :)

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1