aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a bash on the new-ish Orange high-powered Solid State range? I've been reading some excellent reviews from tube amp enthusiasts who usually poopoo solid states. It's supposedly based very closely on the Rockerverb, and reviews seem to suggest that the difference between the two is almost negligible. They can't be that good, surely? The videos sound really good, but it's hard to judge properly until heard at gig volume.

The 120watt Crush head is gettable for less than 300 coins. If they're that good, I'd be tempted to move on the Egnater and get a Crush. Or have both,

Has anyone had a bash on the new-ish Orange high-powered Solid State range? I've been reading some excellent reviews from tube amp enthusiasts who usually poopoo solid states. It's supposedly based very closely on the Rockerverb, and reviews seem to suggest that the difference between the two is almost negligible. They can't be that good, surely? The videos sound really good, but it's hard to judge properly until heard at gig volume.

The 120watt Crush head is gettable for less than 300 coins. If they're that good, I'd be tempted to move on the Egnater and get a Crush. Or have both,

If you mean this amp - http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/orange-crush-pro-series-cr120h-587371 - then it is indeed fucking awesome. I love the one they have in Musical Vision. Although, take into account I'm all about clean head room, then massive fuzz. It works great for Das McManus, no idea for the Seas, Starry material. I'd buy one as a back up. Seriously.

I think these are the ones in Toms and they are great - if I was looking for a new head I'd seriously think about getting one.

• 2 weeks later...