aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

So you want a mega fast neck HS hardtail with 22 frets and unusual woods? Sounds like my main guitar :p The neck is a copy of my favourite Ibanez neck (read thinnest) made from unfinished wenge. Chambered mahogany body, BKP pickups. It weighs nothing yet is mega resonant. 

1011047_10151478988501695_1207929568_n.j

1013967_10151478988656695_1864125477_n.j

Edited by keeno

yeh really good gear since they started using wilkinson parts. Piss over most squires.

Bit of an exaggeration I suspect when you consider the great strides forward that Squier have made in recent years, particularly with the Vintage Modified then Classic Vibe ranges.  Not to mention the revered early JV and SQ serial numbered Squiers, and the well regarded Silver Series.  I think your assertion only applies to the Squier Affinity range, which are built to a super affordable price point and therefore compromises must be made.

I also doubt that you've tried enough of a variety of Squier gear to be in a position to make such an assertion, but that's a whole different argument.  Talk is cheap, and trash talk is the cheapest.

Bit of an exaggeration I suspect when you consider the great strides forward that Squier have made in recent years, particularly with the Vintage Modified then Classic Vibe ranges. Not to mention the revered early JV and SQ serial numbered Squiers, and the well regarded Silver Series. I think your assertion only applies to the Squier Affinity range, which are built to a super affordable price point and therefore compromises must be made.

I also doubt that you've tried enough of a variety of Squier gear to be in a position to make such an assertion, but that's a whole different argument. Talk is cheap, and trash talk is the cheapest.

I've played a lot of squires, you can't really compare to the JV and SQ as they were phenomenal, the vintage brand is superior in my eye, same spec kinda woods and that, but the wilkinson parts give them an upper hand apart from those squires that come with Seymour Duncan's. My Korean v100 was amazing but can't compare as it was a les Paul. The only down side Is vintage guitars don't have such a good resale value.

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeking a particular guitar effect, though I don't know where to look. I want it to replicate the sound of a kill switch being repeatedly toggled, but with varying speeds, obviously with the ability to be much faster than it is possible to toggle a kill switch manually.

I have a cheapo Dan Electro Tremolo pedal, which almost does it, but not quite. The stutters don't sound as abrupt as they do with the a kill switch. They are quite nicely rounded, even at it's most extreme settings. I don't want it to be nice.

Maybe there is a Tremolo pedal that does do it, or another pedal entirely? Guide me, FX boffins.

I am seeking a particular guitar effect, though I don't know where to look. I want it to replicate the sound of a kill switch being repeatedly toggled, but with varying speeds, obviously with the ability to be much faster than it is possible to toggle a kill switch manually.

I have a cheapo Dan Electro Tremolo pedal, which almost does it, but not quite. The stutters don't sound as abrupt as they do with the a kill switch. They are quite nicely rounded, even at it's most extreme settings. I don't want it to be nice.

Maybe there is a Tremolo pedal that does do it, or another pedal entirely? Guide me, FX boffins.