aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Guest Young Adolesent

I thought you hated strats?

I've been eyeing up an AC30 again.

I love my KMD though. Loud and clean, the best type of amp.

if you played this youd understand best strat ive played by miles

Right, once again it falls to me to balance out all this bloody guitar chat.

First of all, I want my Ripper to be finished and for it to look like this:

red_mockup.jpg

And I want to find one of these:

mad_les_paul_bass.jpg

Greco Les Paul shaped thing.  3 pickups, 3 volumes.  Pure Japanese madness.

These look dead smart, and there's a couple knocking about for MEGACHEAP. I'm awfully tempted. I bet those single coils twang like a bastard. Oof.

kayfull-1.jpg

I used to have a Kay classical guitar, was a total plank, even after all the years of use the neck edges could still open your hand up like only a cheap piece of splintery wood can!  The neck glue gave up and the back fell off in the end.  Man I miss that guitar.....

Guest Young Adolesent

These look dead smart, and there's a couple knocking about for MEGACHEAP. I'm awfully tempted. I bet those single coils twang like a bastard. Oof.

kayfull-1.jpg

i think my neighbour has one of them but lite ash instead of cherry red

Come on people, buy my stuff so I can downsize to my dream system!

Are you secretly called Nolly? That's basically his exact setup. Add a shiny scratchplate and it would fit right in with his other combustions

I played a Music Man Stingray 5 string the other day. Really like it. Scale was a bit too long for my tiny hands though :(

• Upvote 1

kayfull-1.jpg

Could this be its deformed les paul brother, headstocks, scratchplates and pickups are very similar

16521_10151312091934480_1517095192_n.jpg

Guest Young Adolesent

Could this be its deformed les paul brother, headstocks, scratchplates and pickups are very similar

16521_10151312091934480_1517095192_n.jpg

that for sale i like the look of it?

Are you secretly called Nolly? That's basically his exact setup. Add a shiny scratchplate and it would fit right in with his other combustions

I played a Music Man Stingray 5 string the other day. Really like it. Scale was a bit too long for my tiny hands though :(

Hahaha, definitely don't have the skills to be Nolly - have you seen his new Dingwall custom? HNNNGH! Also: man up min! I've got pathetically small hands and I manage just fine. Also want to build a Mutt P-Bass with individual bridge pieces, a Tele-style reverse headstock, maple neck & board, with a Delano Musicman Bridge pup and a Dimarzio Model P mid/neck pup. It'll be horrifically ugly but should sound fantastic in theory. Grind for days! :D

Joda Serk - there is nothing weird about the zero fret! If it's good enough for the Vigier guitars then it's good enough for those plywood monstrosities! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hahaha, definitely don't have the skills to be Nolly - have you seen his new Dingwall custom? HNNNGH! Also: man up min! I've got pathetically small hands and I manage just fine. Also want to build a Mutt P-Bass with individual bridge pieces, a Tele-style reverse headstock, maple neck & board, with a Delano Musicman Bridge pup and a Dimarzio Model P mid/neck pup. It'll be horrifically ugly but should sound fantastic in theory. Grind for days! :D

Joda Serk - there is nothing weird about the zero fret! If it's good enough for the Vigier guitars then it's good enough for those plywood monstrosities! ;)

Bit late in noticing this. I think zero frets were once commonplace on cheap guitars because - for whatever reason - they reduced production costs. Hence seeing them on old plywood cheapies; the practice was stopped as they were apparently badly prone to wear and tear.

The zero frets on Vigiers are tougher and easier to replace than traditional zero frets. And I think the logic to having them is that it allows for an especially low action if the user wants it (Shawn Lane was a Vigier endorser and favoured a notoriously low action...). I've also read they make open strings sound more like fretted notes but can't really hear it.

I'm gassing on the reduced Cornford Hellcats that Andertons has, mostly as it looks like these'll be the last. If there are any left when I get back to the UK in a couple of months I'll probably grab one, even though I probably can't really afford it :(

I want a double bass drum pedal for my Electric kit.

Any recommendations?  Not too expensive please, i'm just learning and don't want to blow a tonne on it.

Go for Big Dog stuff, fine and cheap, but built very well. Or go for a Gibraltar one, i used one for years as well with no issues, but the action on the left foot isnt so great. 

• 3 weeks later...