aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

really? hmm...

Well you can use an SM57 more comfortably with Voice/Instruments/Drums whereas the size of the grill of the SM58 means that it isn't as suitable for drums. The SM58 has a better grill for eliminating pop from vocals but an SM57 (with an additional pop filter) would be a better studio/home recording all rounder as it can be used with pretty much everything more comfortably.

Sound-wise (frequency response/range etc) they are pretty much the same.

• Upvote 1

The daft thing about the Adrian Jackson sig models is that if you want to adjust the truss rod you have to take the neck off. A bit too 'vintage' in that respect for my liking. Not sure about top mounted floyd's either, never played one but they look strange.

I know what you mean about pedals though. Who cares if it is good? IT'S SHINY.

I quite like the idea of non routed floyd. the bridge wont be hard against the body, It allows for upward movement bit not to the extent of a recessed one. I'm not to worried about the extras you get with having a recessed one.

It has noiseless single coils and a "jackson" branded humbucker which will need changed.

I want a humbucker but dont want to break the bank with a warpig or something.

thinking about a seymour duncan JB, or something hotter in their range