aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

It's like half a watt as well, which would perfect for me practicing my biddly boos whilst relaxing on the sofa.

I bought a little vox headphone amp (wee amp that plugs straight into the guitar) for that purpose and then never used it. Only cost me £20 though. A 2 watt, single valve amp though would be great for home use.

The brand is DCC Engineering. I believe it's just a guy from Manchester. He mostly makes cabs and pedals, but that's the first amp he's made for ordering. The guy is totally all about DOOOM and stoner rock, so it probably has unusable amounts of gain and low end. It would probably destroy a village.

Way too many knobs though.

• Upvote 1

It does look fucking ace!

Is making an amp a hard thing?

Making an amp: Easy as fuck.

Making a half-decent amp: Pretty difficult. Requires good components and reasonable skill, it's a fairly expensive way to do it and no guaranteed results.

Making a valve amp: Hard as fuck and very expensive for a project that could end up being completely unusable.

xx

Making an amp: Easy as fuck.

Making a half-decent amp: Pretty difficult. Requires good components and reasonable skill, it's a fairly expensive way to do it and no guaranteed results.

Making a valve amp: Hard as fuck and very expensive for a project that could end up being completely unusable.

xx

As a drummer i know fuck all (about amps), what skills going into making a good valve amp? Just out of interest really.

As a drummer i know fuck all (about amps), what skills going into making a good valve amp? Just out of interest really.

TBF there are plenty schematics etc for amps of all types, if you can source the components and have a decent knowledge of analogue electronics then it should be feasible. However, fault-finding it would be a total bastard if you got to the finished product and it sounded like balls.

xx

Any one of these! I don't know if i want a Jazz, Jag, Mustang or a Telecaster Deluxe.

Apparently the Squire Telecaster deluxe will have the Fender WRHB, pretty amazing for a Squier. I think i want a white Tele deluxe.

squiervmjazzmasters2012.jpg

squiervmjaguars2012.jpg

squiervmmustangs2012.jpg

Have you gotten this from an official source? I saw the same picture on Offset Guitars, and I suspect that they are fakes.

I'm getting really itchy to buy a decent digital piano instead of learning on my casio keyboard. REALLY itchy. If I hadn't just forked out a load of cash on camping and walking gear for the west highland way I'd have probably bought one just now. Although I have no idea which one to buy. Maybe a Yamaha P-95.

Guest droid
I'm getting really itchy to buy a decent digital piano instead of learning on my casio keyboard. REALLY itchy. If I hadn't just forked out a load of cash on camping and walking gear for the west highland way I'd have probably bought one just now. Although I have no idea which one to buy. Maybe a Yamaha P-95.

I know someone selling a Casio PX 730 with a stool for £550...13 months old.

Guest droid
A moment's googling suggests that's not a very tempting offer. They can be found £500 new without the stool and I don't need a £50 stool.

No biggie dude, only trying to help. I suppose @ those prices that's why local traders can't compete, Bruce Millers were selling em for £730, and that's where this one came from.

No biggie dude, only trying to help. I suppose @ those prices that's why local traders can't compete, Bruce Millers were selling em for £730, and that's where this one came from.

I think it's also been replaced by a new model since so that would explain the cheap online prices as well. Apart from anything else though I have spent a fortune on other stuff this month so I can't actually justify that kind of spend anyway.

Soda - instead of the Mesa V-Twin have a look at the Wampler Triple Wreck. I've never played a Distortion pedal quite like it - hence why I bought one instead of anything else I've ever tried. Really useful, flexible EQ, has a boost as well that can turn it into a fuzzy monster or just as a straight boost. Marvellous! :D

Want one of these;

Fender Telecaster FMT HH

a>

or

GL ASAT Deluxe Carved Top

a>

who else manufactures HH Carved Top Telecasters?

Soda - instead of the Mesa V-Twin have a look at the Wampler Triple Wreck. I've never played a Distortion pedal quite like it - hence why I bought one instead of anything else I've ever tried. Really useful, flexible EQ, has a boost as well that can turn it into a fuzzy monster or just as a straight boost. Marvellous! :D

Based on one guy who I think does the best pedal demos on youtube (so very subjective as I haven't played either!) I don't think they sound that great at high gain.

TightRock sounds the best IMO and it's £55 cheaper...a mere £170! Plus the effects loop built in and sidetrack feature is ace. The guy who makes them designed the 5150 so it wasn't going to be bad at high gain sounds! I wonder if there are any good videos of the Blackstar HT Metal. That pedal looked really flexible with the 2 channels but it's still just the company demos up. That comes in around the £179 mark.