aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Fixin to grab a pair of these in the next week

adam_a5x_front.jpg

You know something, i had seen you post this on facebook and it's just a bit too right thing wrong time, i'm gonna pick up headphones first as i'm using it in a flat at the moment so i'm not seriously looking at monitors until i move later in the year :(

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You know something, i had seen you post this on facebook and it's just a bit too right thing wrong time, i'm gonna pick up headphones first as i'm using it in a flat at the moment so i'm not seriously looking at monitors until i move later in the year :(

think i've got a buyer so all's good. the KRKs are great, i just had some tracks mastered recently and found that even after that i was lacking a bit of upper clarity. I also need something with a truer low end representation as I often have to tweak my mixes a few times to get that right after playing on other systems.

these days i'm definitely not one to splash out on gear before i'm convinced i need it. at the point where i'm at now though, it seems justified to spend 500 on a pair of speakers when my stuff's going out to $150/hr mastering studios after it leaves my bedroom

think i've got a buyer so all's good. the KRKs are great, i just had some tracks mastered recently and found that even after that i was lacking a bit of upper clarity. I also need something with a truer low end representation as I often have to tweak my mixes a few times to get that right after playing on other systems.

these days i'm definitely not one to splash out on gear before i'm convinced i need it. at the point where i'm at now though, it seems justified to spend 500 on a pair of speakers when my stuff's going out to $150/hr mastering studios after it leaves my bedroom

Aye, totally, if you can justify spending the money then it's worth it and in your case what your doing is justification enough really.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Ah cool. I always opt for the Mackie 824s over the Adams tbh.

Dude 824s cost almost exactly double the amount of the A5x...and A7s are long since out of production! My current budget stretches about as far as the A5x.

Furthermore this is a bedroom set up, I need a relatively compact solution and have already written off KRK VXT4 and Genelec 8020B.