aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

RG471AHNTF.gif

I love natural finishes way too much. Might start saving for one of these. Not available in the UK but as always it is way cheaper than the nearest equivalent sold over here, even when factoring in shipping and taxes ( UK model also has the very trem I want to avoid)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine had an Egnater. Hard to say what it sounded like as it could do it all. Had a dial where you could select how much wattage you wanted it to use, and how the tone coming from the valves should be blended. It went from bright sparkling cleans to balls-out gain with the turn of a dial. Superb machine. They are pretty hard on the eyes though, aren't they?

I reckon they're pretty enough and as far as I know, and as far as the reviews lead me to believe you are right to say they do it all. Not clapped eyes on the tweaker 40 in the flesh yet. Some decent reviews on youtube although ultimatley youtube gear reviews are always so cheesy. makes me hope I don't talk like those guys about guitar gear, though I know vitually hee haw about tone and how to get it so I almost certainly don't....

269129.jpg

This. Awesome.

It does look pretty cool and it's funny how a lot of Fender purists are upset by it. They've moved the trem!!! Oh no!!

If it's on a par with the Blacktop Jazzmaster, I dare say that it will be a fantastic guitar for the money and probably and even better platform for a modding guitar.

I really want this

yourockguitar2.jpg

Its a digital guitar / rock band controller. Have no interest in rock band, but you can play it like a real guitar. The sounds are no doubt fucking gash. But, for 129, it has a very nice feature...

yourockguitarbottom.jpg

MIDI out! Finally a real affordable way to play synths....but I can't justify blowing 129 on something that looks like a toy to my ball and chain...hopefully the kids will want one for xmas!

I'm sure there are a few boggin' Mex Fenders, but out of the 2 that I've met, both are nice, my Classic 50s Strat, and a friend's Cyclone. I doubt that there are any inherent reason why Mexicans should make less able CNC operators, so most of the differentials must be in parts and quality control. Factories must take a while to bed in, I'm sure Ensenada must be getting there or thereabout.

ravguitar_2168_96839860

Gold hardware is yucky, other than that pure fappage and surprisingly affordable

argustoastsg5.jpg

One of these would be fun to mess around . 30" scale baritone (they make it in normal scale though!). The strings are gauges are crazy - 24 34 44 56 72 84. Fingers of steel needed to bend notes with that guitar. Again not too expensive either (Agile Argus 630 Toast SG Extended Scale Surf Green at RondoMusic.com)

Where are all the old typically Japanese made guitars made now like the Jazzmaster? Mexican or Korean or something equally not as good? if i was aware of this i might not have been so happy to let go of my Jazzmaster...

You should have a look at the Classic Player Jazzmaster, I just got one and it's as nice to play as my American or British made guitars.

• 1 month later...