aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

In reference to this thread: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/musicians-corner/63721-cheap-les-pauls.html , I thought I would make the appropriate thread.

I'll kick off with this:

Zvex-Seek-Trem-Tremolo.jpg

It's a Zvex Seek Trem, and it is sort of a part sequencer, part tremolo. It looks hugely tweakable, and I bet I could get loads of great/crazy sounds out of it, especially when combined with delay and phaser. Here is a demo of it:

However, I've only seen them online for around 220, eeek!

Electro Harmonix 'Freeze' pedal. Waiting for it to arrive.

Smart! What you wanting that for?

Any sort of delay. Was thinking of getting a reletively cheap analogue one, but the digital ones are so versatile. Any recommendations?

Despite the fact I just got a guitar I really like the look of this:

ja_tele.jpg

and this:

0303080502-e75d1567a3b27eea4634d7e86f052d71.jpg

I now have the money for the American Special Tele I've been after for ages. Just waiting until I get a post-redundancy job sorted out so I can buy it without feeling guilty.

Also would like to buy or make an acoustic stompbox at some point like a logarhythm

4-new-timbers.jpg

I also really, really want a Shruti box for some reason

compositehomesmallA.jpg

Guitars

Fender Telecaster Deluxe (ideally an original 70's one)

Gibson Grabber bass

Gibson SG of some kind

Fender Jazzmaster

Gibson L6S

Gibson 335S

Amps

Marshall JCM 800

Roland Jazz Chorus

Fender Deluxe 85

Ampeg SVT 2

Effects

Marshall Drivemaster

EH Memory Man

EH Pog

Probably loads more stuff I've forgotten.

Typical, a thread like this comes along when I'm pretty happy with my gear at the moment. Still waiting for my Gibson Victory Artist to finish being refinished (weather has brought things to a halt since November), so it's a little like GAS but I've already bought it. Here's kinda what it looks like just now:

Victory-06b.jpg

Maybe I'd like to downsize my amp - quite intrigued by the Ibanez Promethean, I'm going to get a shottie of one next month and see how they go, if it's favourable and I can get the funds together then it's bye bye Hartke 3500 and Ashdown ABM 4x10 - I really like the amp and it's a good cab but a heavy beast! I think the starter 1x10 "combo" (you can remove the amp and use as a mini head if you like) and a second 1x10 would make for a loud, light and versatile setup.

5277347554_c154a95406.jpg

Ooh, that looks quite sexy - got a link where you've been looking?

[EDIT= Found it: FENDER SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE P-BASS 50` - Thomann UK Cyberstore ]

Yeah. 250ish ain't bad. All about the aesthetic more than the playability I'd imagine, but I really wanna try one out. Don't play my bass enough in my spare time to warrant something that's not a direct back up to my Sandberg.

Was thinking about this if I ever need a back up - stick some ok pickups in it:

1863-1.jpg?c=2

Maybe I'd like to downsize my amp - quite intrigued by the Ibanez Promethean, I'm going to get a shottie of one next month and see how they go, if it's favourable and I can get the funds together then it's bye bye Hartke 3500 and Ashdown ABM 4x10 - I really like the amp and it's a good cab but a heavy beast! I think the starter 1x10 "combo" (you can remove the amp and use as a mini head if you like) and a second 1x10 would make for a loud, light and versatile setup.

5277347554_c154a95406.jpg

Sounds like a similar idea to that range of TC Electronic amps they brought out a while back.

Was thinking about this if I ever need a back up - stick some ok pickups in it:

1863-1.jpg?c=2

I put a badass bridge,bartolini pick ups and pre amp on my Squier jazz.Sounds ace! Great value for money.

Typical, a thread like this comes along when I'm pretty happy with my gear at the moment. Still waiting for my Gibson Victory Artist to finish being refinished (weather has brought things to a halt since November), so it's a little like GAS but I've already bought it. Here's kinda what it looks like just now:

Who's doing the refinishing?

I sometimes use a phono fiddle live...and would love to get one with a gramophone-style big horn (like my grandad played), or just a big gramophone horn to fit to one of mine...or a four-string version like this...

http://www.tfoa.eu/user_files/images/phonofiddleUkelele%20001.jpg

Also I have an unsated lust for a bass clarinet, as they too have a horn.

Guitar wise, I wouldn't say no to an original Burns Bison.

Alan the 'thing' photo'd looks just like one the orchestra had a hold of but was a cello with the horn (?) and I'm going to ask the guy who had it from a house cleared where all his instruments went. As he picked up a few. If I discover any similar I'll email.

I want that a bigger auto harp with more than 8 chords!