aberdeen-music

Local Bands: Contact Details Thread?

Steven Milne

hi guys,

I recently realised that my list of local band contact details is somewhat needing an update. Further to that, id say my knowledge of local stuff has admittedly lacked a little lately when thinking away from the usual suspects. I havent been able to go to as many gigs of late and its something i aim to rectify in 2011.

For my bookings - the bigger gigs at the Lemon Tree with the touring bands have so much kit or large setups I only usually end up booking accoustic supports at their request or reliable bands I know that have full backline / can play at fairly short notice as a tour support has pulled out or the band asks for support a week before a show.

And at Dirty Hearts Club we have been doing slightly less bands (fortnightly) due to the current climate of people going out later and the night not always being supported early doors.

However, my excuses aside - id like to get back to having an accurate list of contacts and i made a resolution to check out more gigs in 2011 with particularly looking at local bands - so i thought id maybe start a thread here..

I started emailing some bands on myspace but then realised that its pretty much a redundant format now and nobody seems to check their inbox and i know some of the details i have are wrong for the ones i do have.

So i thought maybe start a thread here and all the bands who use this forum could post their band name/ email contact - that way the thread would benefit both myself in updating my list but also people in other bands could check back here and get details for each others similar bands when organising nights etc or looking to build bills etc.

I dont know, was just an idea and maybe it wont work or ill get accused of being lazy but thats not the intention- i guess im thinking kinda like the old AUBL board which had a directory on it which people could use to contact each other but in a thread - all helps build a wee scene i thought...

Any takers?

Ill kick it off...

THE LITTLE KICKS

THE LITTLE KICKS on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Bookings: stevenmilne82@hotmail.com

STEVEN MILNE (solo or full band)

STEVEN MILNE on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Bookings: stevenmilne82@hotmail.com

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladstone

THE UNDERKILLS

The Underkills | Aberdeen, UK | Alternative | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

The Underkills on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Bookings: Calum Crighton - CLICK HERE

EDIT: Indie / rock have been described as "Anthemic Rock" (I think by our own singer actually ;))

We have our own full backline too.

You ken fit we're aboot Steven.

The Malpaso Gang - playing original Country/Americana inspired by the greats of the 40s, 50s and 60s.

The Malpaso Gang | Aberdeen, UK | Country / Americana | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

the Malpaso Gang

The Malpaso Gang- Tall Riders on the Lonesome Trail | Facebook

And Steven we have our own backline, are reliable and can play at short notice. Perfect support for any country/roots/blues etc acts. :)

Oops, forgot bookings dustyvalentino@hotmail.com

Carson Wells - Shouty post-hardcore/emo etc.

Sounds a little bit like this: Carson Wells

Contact any of us on Facebook (search Huw Gurden for me) or email autumnjams@hotmail.co.uk (that's me too). If the other guys want to lend their details they can, but I shan't broadcast them here.

We have all our own backline (bass cab, 1 x guitar cab, drum kit) and can play at pretty short notice.