aberdeen-music

BEST VIDEO 2011 - Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge are polling the people of sunny Aberdeen in an attempt to uncover the local bands you've enjoyed most this year. We'll reveal the winners and losers at the Fudge Music Awards in a night of internationally famed fun at the Moorings Bar on Saturday 12th February 2011.

Some bands will play for you (only Thrashist Regime have confirmed at this time), and we'll dish out our awards in a two-part awards ceremony - it'll be a hoot, I assure you. The winners will come up onstage (assuming they're there) and make an acceptence speech in front of the masses. Hecklers encouraged.

OK! Here's another new category (internet voting only on this one):

BEST VIDEO 2011

Your nominees are:

AUTUMN IN DISGUISE - 'See Me In Terror' - YouTube - Autumn In Disguise - See Me In Terror (S.M.I.T) EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

CURATORS - 'State Of Grace' -

DEADLOSS SUPERSTAR - 'Carniverous Minds' -

THE GOTHIC DORICS - 'Spanglegrinder' - YouTube - The Gothic Dorics - Spanglegrinder

JJ BULL - 'Captal City' - YouTube - JJ Bull - Capital City

WHICH WAY NOW - 'Carefree' -

You may VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE.

FORMER 'BEST ONLINE THINGY' WINNERS:

It's a new category. So none.

Personally I'm going for:

Spanglegrinder - it's the essence of punk rock, no talent and no money but wanting to go out there and sing about getting fucked up!

The JJ Cale one is OK, a good idea not so well implemented. They get half a vote.

Videos of the band playing just bore me. Check out Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr - that's how a video should be done.

I turned off the Which Way Now the second I saw the fade in to a group of ugly nerds hanging around on a log - so contrived and there's no way I would ever speak to such mutants in real life let alone watch their video in an aspirational "Hey I'd like the guys in this band to be my buddies but I know it can never happen cos they are rockstars and I am a humble sheeple who works at B&Q".

• Upvote 2

The JJ Cale one is OK, a good idea not so well implemented. They get half a vote.

Videos of the band playing just bore me. Check out Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr - that's how a video should be done.

I turned off the Which Way Now the second I saw the fade in to a group of ugly nerds hanging around on a log - so contrived and there's no way I would ever speak to such mutants in real life let alone watch their video in an aspirational "Hey I'd like the guys in this band to be my buddies but I know it can never happen cos they are rockstars and I am a humble sheeple who works at B&Q".

The idea of the Fudge Awards is to celebrate Aberdeen music and all that these bands have accomplished, not to make intentionally dick-ish comments.

Every music video here have great potential in their own right and each nominee deserves credit for the work put in.

The idea of the Fudge Awards is to celebrate Aberdeen music and all that these bands have accomplished, not to make intentionally dick-ish comments.

Every music video here have great potential in their own right and each nominee deserves credit for the work put in.

Member of Which Way Now by any chance? Taken offence to those comments about your video have you?

Calm down, it's only the internet

So it's hating on Autumn in Disguise now?

Cool I can dig it. I haven't heard them, seen the video. I don't want to do either of those things but the name is total cock and I hear they wear cardigans so I say "HATE WHERE HATE DESERVES!".

Autumn in disguise ..... Of what exactly? Winter?!?! Because if the leaves are on the trees and its very cold and snowing ALOT, I don't think that it's autumn. Thus making the name of the band invalid much like what I imagine the bands members are ... Invalids.

"Hello is this the yellow bus company yes? Have your windows been cleaned lately?".

Member of Which Way Now by any chance? Taken offence to those comments about your video have you?

Calm down, it's only the internet

I don't think it is any of us actually, not as far as I know anyway. At least Martin pleads innocence and Dave is currently without any real interwebs, and that's all we have guitarist wise. Agreed though, nae point in taking offence to folk on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...