aberdeen-music

BEST OF THE REST 2011 - Fudge Music Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

So, yeah, as you know, we're polling the fine folks of Aberdeen in an effort to discover the local bands you've loved most over the last year. After the online and offline votes have all been tallied, we'll reveal your choices at the Fudge Music Awards, a Kerrang Awards style shindig, but with no budget, at the Moorings Bar on Saturday 12th February 2011.

Three bands will play (still no confirmations...), and we'll dish out the awards themselves in an exciting two-part awards ceremony. We'll be very, very drunk, but I'm sure the whole thing will run as smoothly as ever, don't worry.

RIGHT! let's tidy up some loose-ends...

BEST OF THE REST 2011

Your nominees are:

CARSON WELLS - Carson Wells on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

DARTH ELVIS AND THE IMPERIALS - Darth Elvis (Darth Elvis & The Imperials) on Myspace

THE GOTHIC DORICS - The Gothic Dorics on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

INAME - iname on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

MIN DIESEL - Min Diesel on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THE SON HENRY BAND - Son Henry on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

You may VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE.

FORMER 'BEST OF THE REST' WINNERS:

2003 - Masamune

2004 - Staccato Set

2005 - Staccato Set

2006 - Geneveive

2007 - Hookers Green No.1

2008 - The Kitchen Cynics

2009 - The Kitchen Cynics

2010 - The Son Henry Band

I'd just like to point out, we have more likes on Facebook than Min Diesel and I reckon if we had a 6 man tag team match, the Wells would win. Huw is massive (fat). So, yeah, more of a reason to vote for Carson Wells I'd say.

Honestly though, Min Diesel have like 146 likes and i was like "O my god could they have any less likes?!?" Carson Wells are pros, we have 199 likes.

I heard that Paul Hartley voted for Carson Wells.

Good points, well made......Zippy certainly has a dislike of folk from Banff......but the curry was turkey curry, so I've forgiven him. All of Min Diesel are great at recycling too....they used the turkey remains to make fruit and cream puddings, and its beak to make a love toy, so I forgive them for their peccadildos....they were trifling offences, after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...