aberdeen-music

Plans for the year ahead?

Chris

My main goal for this year is to establish a secondary source of income. Whether its just an extra few quid a month or whatever, I just want to have that sense of satisfaction in bypassing the Man and doing something myself/with my lady. Got a few pots on the stove I want to take further.

Buy more art is another goal. It's fun but I don't do it enough/can't justify the expenditure. Yet I'll go out and get boatsed for twice the price of a print.

• Get stuck into my new role at work
  • Record and release a new EP
  • Play a couple of gigs
  • Make some art
  • Go to New York
  • Catch up with my Friends

Anything else is cool but these are the only plans that count. It'd be nice to get a bit fitter and start eating less chocolate and bad stuff. Drink more Gin.

-Get a real job in order to be able to stay alive until I find frequent/non-exploitative work in tv/film production or a field I would enjoy working in.

-Learn to drive.

-Have a road trip around the west of Scotland.

-Decide which city to live in.

-Eat a little healthier, maybe learn to cook more things and consume less pasta and bread.

-Re-learn German.

-Go to New York or save enough money throughout the year in order to book a trip to New York at some point in the future.

I have lots more but can't think. Generally any form of self-improvement.

1. Learn a foreign language to the level where I can have a basic conversation with a native.

2. Sell all my music gear, get a new guitar/amp and re-learn how to play properly. It's been 7 years since I played with any real regularity.

3. Bag some more Munros. Did a whole bunch of Corbetts and Grahams last year and popped my Munro cherry with Ben Avon. I want to make a serious dent this year.

4. Shift some more weight. I'm 2 stone lighter than I was this time last year. Another 2 would do nicely in 2013.

5. Stick it to the man on a more regular basis.

6. New job. There's only so far you can go in an office of 20 people before you hit the ceiling.

7. Disregard females, acquire currency.

Plans?

Not much. I want to do more with international projects at work, I want to learn how to snowboard and...that's it. Ambitious stuff can wait until 2014 - this year is still about building our school.

If anyone wants to volunteer with kids in Poland, drop me a PM - I can organise something without ridiculous "placement fees" and so on. I could easily organise some accommodation with a host family, too.

Guest Cool Thinker

I am going to London at the start of the year and going to a couple concerts throughout the year.

I owe someone £10 because I bet them in 2010 that the world would end on 21st December 2012 and I lost.

In July 2013 I will go back to living in Aberdeen full time.

In September I will have a chance to get my life back which I lost on 24th April 2008 and after 5 years the time has come and this will be the final chance that I will have. One thing goes wrong and them I am screwed forever, I have a 50/50 chance. If I do get my life back though I may not have much time for this forum. If I don't get my life back then my days of being in Aberdeen will be numbered.

I am going to London at the start of the year and going to a couple concerts throughout the year.

I owe someone £10 because I bet them in 2010 that the world would end on 21st December 2012 and I lost.

In July 2013 I will go back to living in Aberdeen full time.

In September I will have a chance to get my life back which I lost on 24th April 2008 and after 5 years the time has come and this will be the final chance that I will have. One thing goes wrong and them I am screwed forever, I have a 50/50 chance. If I do get my life back though I may not have much time for this forum. If I don't get my life back then my days of being in Aberdeen will be numbered.

I wish my life was that dramatic

Guest Cool Thinker

I cannot reveal because it would reveal my identity and I am afraid I might know some of you. To be honest if you pieced all my posts together then you would know what happened on that horrible day.

Guest Cool Thinker
Peter Dow?

Go wash your mouth out with soap dont you ever compare me to that benefit leeching scum.

Besides Dow is too proud to hide behind a screen name also he is registered to this forum under name Peter Dow.

I am really close to revealing my identity but I am afraid that if I do I may lose my dignity.

I will tell you this though you will be shocked.