aberdeen-music

Attention Lockup Bands!

Guest Savant

Guest Savant

I've just been to the lockup to collect my guitar after leaving it there after last weeks gig. It's not as I left it and I'm not happy cos I don't like other people playing my guitars. If you see any of my equipment lying there then YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE IT!

Also Ben's kick drum head's been broken for the second time in as many months - if he gives you permission to use it then please look after it as he can't afford to keep replacing it. He also DOES NOT give people permissson to use his snare, which was also lying out, set up.

If you keep abusing 'the rules' like this you wont be in the lockup much longer.

I think that maybe they should invest in some way for the bands to put their equipment somewhere secure.

No way would i just leave my equipment where others could fuck about with it.

Trust no one.

• 2 months later...

I try and keep all my shit in one corner with my guitar on top of it all, so you'd have to move it to get into any of it, needless to say the guitar always moves, my box of shit is always open, and my bass amp ends up parked next to someone elses gear, usually with all settings changed and the horn speaker on....(for a bass?? COME ON!!!!) Its become a bit unsettling having all my shit down there but I'm fucked for transport till about xmas time and can't move any of it.....so i really rely on the lockup...who are the McDonalds junkies?? :rolleyes:

While we're on this topic, we would very much like our mic stands back. They were not left there for everyone to use and we wrote on the side of them saying not to use them unless you ask us. We wouldnt normally mind, its just that now they've totally gone. Whats with that?!

xxx

Guest stuartmaxwell

oooh trouble on the horizon

who actually owns the place??the band who own it need to kick some ass, when people show no respect they should be booted out straight away, its easy to fill the slots

we used to practice in eric euans basement, it was great, beer is the key folks!

Guest neil ex

Also Ben's kick drum head's been broken for the second time in as many months - if he gives you permission to use it then please look after it as he can't afford to keep replacing it. He also DOES NOT give people permissson to use his snare' date=' which was also lying out, set up.

[/quote']

can't benjamin speak for himself?

:laughing:

GOF practise in the peterculter parish church and have never used the lock up, so it's not us.

if you leave your stuff your asking for it to be used.

That's a shit attitude to adopt, if bands would read the lockup rules they'd realise that one of them is to not touch people equipment without permission. As i said before us terrorists only use the mics when there are any and everything else we take down is ours. Week in, week out my amp gets used (and abused) despite a massive 'don't touch' sign on each side of it, our drum kit gets beaten up (the skins are all rippled now), and a pair of drumsticks were nicked then found utterly fucked in a corner.... some dick even stole a pack of brand new TDK pens which were left. Asking permission or following rules shouldn't be a hard task.... We don't have a clue which band( s ) are doing this but they deserve to get kicked out.

Guest stuartmaxwell
can't benjamin speak for himself?

:laughing:

GOF practise in the peterculter parish church and have never used the lock up' date=' so it's not us.[/quote']

did you not record a live ep in there????did it actually get released??i heard something about the vicar being angry at the use of jesus' cross as an impromptu guitar slide

Guest WalkingOnGlass

neil ex...you're still a twat...some things will never change.

Anyway.

I dont know what else can be done...The place will be tidied and will look great and be organised then a week later...its all to shit. Im sorry to those who have had shit stolen or damaged or used without prior permission. Apart from live there so I can see whats going on then I dont know what to do...

Im thinking of just giving it up to be honest...Its not improving in there so...

Its a shame really because alot of bands have tightened up or got really good from having pretty much unlimited time to jam...

oh well...

ben

• 4 weeks later...

Good job on the tidy up whosever doings that was :up:

The laney bass amp still mysteriously ends up in a different location after each saturday....PLEASE leave your mark here if you use it because just now that amp is collateral...

....and please stop using the horn speaker, I need it for my drum machine, you don't need it for your bass!!!!!

Guest hexagram56
It's whoever owns it that should be sorting this out really' date=' but you can also help

All of you quit your whining and do something about it[/quote']

ok, why dont you tell the nice people what to do.

fuck sake, i hardly think bringing up the point that someones blown your new 400 amp is whining, it just a discussion