aberdeen-music

Your favourite film of the year?

kirkt

Aye it was a boxing day release though I saw it in Jan 2010 and enjoyed it very much. Still wouldn't give it a placing in my top 10 I doubt though...

Was it? Could have sworn I saw it in the summer... obviously not :p

Nah, me neither. Nice to look at but the plot and dialogue were pants.

Totally forgot about I'm still here. That was my second favourite film of the year.

The social network I thought was great too.

Just watched Inception for the first time. Pretty good but the way people had been talking about it I was expecting some labyrinthine Bergman style mind melt. It was just a decent action film about dreams. A snooze-fest if u will. Juno was decent. 3rd rock guy still looks too young to be a convincing suit.

I couldn't narrow it down to one so I made this list of films that entertained me this year

Four Lions

Whatever Works

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Inception

Toy Story 3

Machete

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Hot Tub Time Machine

Disappearance of Alice Creed

Red

Salt

The Road

A Prophet

Shutter Island

Humpday

Cemetery Junction

Top Trash - Cop Out, Green Zone, Repo Man & Iron Man 2

Really loved Kick Ass, Four Lions, Cyrus and RED. Heard loads of people didn't enjoy Cyrus just because they expected

I also enjoyed Sherlock Holmes (think it may have been released in 2009, but I didn't see it 'til January 2010), the Road, Crazy Heart, Iron Man 2, Greenberg and the latest H.Pizzle film.

Blunders of the year: Sex and the City 2 and Burke & Hare. Yikes. I love John Landis too, so the latter was quite a disappointment. The former was just achingly bad and I can't figure out if it was supposed to be.

I'll say it again, very, very poor year for films. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim too, but things are pretty bad if it's being held up as one of the year's best (although I remember thinking while watching it that if I was 18 it would be like, the most awesome film I've EVER seen, lol).

Haven't watched Inception yet, of the ones I've seen The Social Network, The Killer Inside Me and Avatar (Extended Edition, which was only released last year, fuckwads) would probably be the most enjoyable for me.

Here's what IMDB says:

IMDb: Best Feature Films Released In 2010 With At Least 1,000 Votes