aberdeen-music

Merzbow

ragudave

Whats the best Merzbow album ?

I've just taken a gamble and bought the Alec Empire / Merbow split live album from One Up so. I assume this shall be a little noisy.....

Dave

PS noticed when I standing at the 1UP counter that some immature kiddy had put some false sexist / offensive details on the Cafe Drummond petition - well done kid !

That's a tricky one as most of his output is noisy and there have been so many! Bit of a nightmare of collectors as he seems to release a handful of albums every other week.

Have heard some mellower works with fractured piano playing and chicken samples but it always ends up noisy.

The Empire collaboration is alright as is the one with Mike Patton.

Highly recommend a recent release titled Tamago.

He played at Instal at the Arches last year...

the 'live at cbgb's' album you've bought is great, as is the aforementioned mike patton collaboration 'maldoror' - which is a great album to fall asleep to by the way. The only other merzbow recordings I have is the recently released "last of the analog sessions" which is a 3cd box of....his last analog sessions. Its worth looking into, I quite like it.

the 'live at cbgb's' album you've bought is great' date=' as is the aforementioned mike patton collaboration 'maldoror' - which is a great album to fall asleep to by the way. The only other merzbow recordings I have is the recently released "last of the analog sessions" which is a 3cd box of....his last analog sessions. Its worth looking into, I quite like it.[/quote']

Cheers - I was a little put off by the Alec Empire connection as I went off DHR stuff a few years ago despite still owning a label t shirt. Might get some Melt Banana if I can any cheap Cds around the place...

Dave

I actually enjoyed the Mixing It recording of his set better than the live performance. I have never witnessed an artist less interested in the audience in front of him as Merzbow; maybe its to do with the intensity of performing what he does day in day out.

for those of this persuasion

Dr Drakes

Sunday 8th Aug

Colditz (Mixing it favs)

Optimum Dose (ex Delicate AWOL - new guise new sound)

DRN (incl Andy le Kipp on electronics)

spread the word

the 'live at cbgb's' album you've bought is great' date=' as is the aforementioned mike patton collaboration 'maldoror' - which is a great album to fall asleep to by the way. The only other merzbow recordings I have is the recently released "last of the analog sessions" which is a 3cd box of....his last analog sessions. Its worth looking into, I quite like it.[/quote']

Yep gave it a listen last night and annoyed my neighbours. Rather good and a strange mix of Pan Sonic, Autechre and D n Bass on 78, samples and pure industrial noise...

A bargain for 6 squids ! Thanks to the person who sold it to One Up's 2 nd hand section,

Dave