aberdeen-music

Retract the accolade - new ep

Laino86

Awesome "chug chug" noise from the guitars, they sound massive. Overall it's very good. The group vocals have a lot of depth and the big hooks are there but I also think they would have been more in-your-face with a less polished, more raw feel to them.

I know it says you're Southern Rock - what specifically does this mean? What influences?

If it's evolved into something different maybe it should have a different name, like Southern Metal.

Maybe the Retract the Accolade guys just made a mistake, after all, they're only simian.

yeh we would possibly say we have a more metal tinge.

So if we are bein picky call us Southern Rock/Metal or just Southern Metal you decide.

Anyhoo, in terms of the actual track, I think it sounds awesome until the "vocals" come in.

I don't pretend to know anything about "Southern Metal" or whatever this is but I sure would prefer it if it had a proper singer.

Definitely gets better in that bit where there is actual singing, all just my not so humble opinion. :)

The kick sounds the same as when you fart on a leather seat and the fart has to squeeze out the side of your bum cheek.

I just don't like this, but I'm sure others will. It just sounds too MASSIVE and nothing really stands out of any of the songs. I liked the crickets and the guy getting into his car though.

Biggie, is that Istvan Kozma and what's he doing as your avatar?

It is indeed.

Bit of a random one. Circa 1992 me and my pal Fergie were bored in maths and singing the "Na na na na, hey hey hey, Willie Miller" (in place of "Goodbye" chant). So we started to think up names that would fit for other players in each team in the league at the time.

For Dunfermline Fergie came up with Istvan Kozma. For some reason I found this hilarious and the chant has been stuck in my head at various times over the next 18 years, so I thought I would pay tribute to the great man, in avatar form. :up:

It is indeed.

Bit of a random one. Circa 1992 me and my pal Fergie were bored in maths and singing the "Na na na na, hey hey hey, Willie Miller" (in place of "Goodbye" chant). So we started to think up names that would fit for other players in each team in the league at the time.

For Dunfermline Fergie came up with Istvan Kozma. For some reason I found this hilarious and the chant has been stuck in my head at various times over the next 18 years, so I thought I would pay tribute to the great man, in avatar form. :up:

Istvan Kozma not Constantinople?