aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

Guest Logan

YAY!!

I saw Scavanger-Man today!! (y'know, fro like hair carrying the most random things with his head bopping about like those child toy thingies that um...bop)

he appeared to be carrying blinds!! Probably the biggest thing I've ever seen him carry! He was crossing from um...where that new building is being built. Near Kitty Brewster. He almost ran into the side of my bus. I knocked on the window and waved frantically. He didn't seem to notice tho! :(

But yay! He has been my favourite Aberdeen Celeb for over a year now! I love him!

If anyone is wondering where he stops, it's near about half way down Crown Street. Opposite the Morning Noon And Night shop. A back alley near there. There's a comunity building or something. That's where I lost him when me and Vik tracked him down there. All the way from like, the top of Union Street or something. Funniest thing ever. We left out a half full thing of coke from Burger King on a bin, however he seemed more interested in the mop that was in it. Oh well! I'll keep you updated on his latest escapades! ^_^

Is that a tub of pickled onions in Garth's hand??

Flash - was Air Guitar Kenny the guy that you had to remove when I originally came down to see about the Wrecking Ball DJ slot? It's a name I've heard a lot but nae sure if I'm putting the right name to the face.

I was drunk so it's hard to say. What did he look like? Kenny is extremely annoying but totally non-violent, although he does try to threaten our doormen.

Strange - he doesn't look the rowdy type really [Kenny that is] - I see him in the street a lot and I'm pretty sure he bumbles round the Asda I work in sometimes. Can just see him terrorising you poor lot at the Moorings with multiple Alice Cooper choices!

Talk to him just once, something like "Hey Bro, fit like?" and then tell me he's harmless a year from now LOL.

That is an ace photo of Garth. I think he's had one too many peach snappes mixed with tomato juice' date=' export and morgans (with LOTS of ice) again 'n again, that night !

I have a terrible confession to make now...

I have actually been inside Garth's flat.

Don't ask !

[/quote']

That is incredible. Garth's flat must have been fascinating- I remember once hearing that he kept a large pile of shoes in it. I can't imagine what it must have smelt like. If it's the one on Market Street you're talking about, unfortunately he's not there any more. Don't know what the story is but I hope he's staying somewhere. Garth is simply ace, he was one of the classic 'old Drakes' characters, and I think even the staff would have missed his distinctive odour if he stopped coming. I am always pleased to see him on the street carrying bags of rescued supermarket stock, or other unusual items, and I'll usually stop to chat or say hello.

I was drunk so it's hard to say. What did he look like? Kenny is extremely annoying but totally non-violent' date=' although he does try to threaten our doormen.[/quote']

Laura seems to have confirmed that it's the guy I'm thinking of - sorta portly and a bit of a red nose? Was saying 'cunt' quite a bit?

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

Never will i see the day where junkies, beggars, buskers, thieves and religious fanatics are classed as "local celebrities".

I guess two of Aberdeen's most mentally unstable but horribly well-known characters - transvestite psychopath "Jo Jo"(no matter how hard he tries to dress and look like a woman, he still looks like a hairy bearded freak who makes Lily Savage look feminine, thankfully it was reported in the Evening Express that he's in jail) and the perpetually grinning stick-thin schizophrenic "Gideon"(she used to live in Bridge Of Don near where i went to school and used to wear wedding dresses and kids' clothes when she went up to the shops near Braehead Way) should be classed in the same "celebrity" bracket...

How hideous.

P.S i am surprised no-one has mentioned the McAllister family yet.

Guest prerogative
P.S i am surprised no-one has mentioned the McAllister family yet.

Aye, they're bad ass. "Right ye bastard, dinnae ye keen fa we are? We're the McAllister's and yer gettin it'

for fear of my life, i'll say no more.

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
Aye' date=' they're bad ass. "Right ye bastard, dinnae ye keen fa we are? We're the McAllister's and yer gettin it'

for fear of my life, i'll say no more.[/quote']

Yeah i wholeheartedly agree, for the sake of keeping my whole heart agreeable.

Guest prerogative

Y'know, just for random info. One of the lead witnessess' in the trail of the Brothers' last year (which seen them sent down for, what? 10 years? i think) who (witness) supplied heroin in and around my humble surrondings as a child, Banff, was murdered last month. But a fellow heroin addict, both of whom I knew of, the guy who was murdered was shagging a girl in my reggie class who was in the flat at the time. The guy who murdered the witness was found in Fraserburgh trying to O.D himself...

Originally 'twas suspected that the murder was in someway connected to the McAllisters but obviously was just two junkies squabling over some shit, which ended up riding the streets of Banff of two nutorious bad ass junkies, one of whom pushed heroin, the other who randomly(SP?) at times handed me hash to keep when he thought he was being trailed by the boys in blue, behind bars.

When i was working at the video shop the McAllister's used to come in to use the sunbeds, in fact Jason ( i think it's him, the one who recorded the fastest speed on the Aberdeen-Dundee road) still has outstanding fines. He is a nice guy to talk to, just wouldn't mess with him.

Also anyone who has spent any time in Mastrick, Summerhill or Sheddocksley must surely know Buckets

Also anyone who has spent any time in Mastrick' date=' Summerhill or Sheddocksley must surely know Buckets[/quote']

Buckets / Bucket-raker - yes he looks like a poors mans Rolf Harris. His real name is Sandy and is basically his own worst enemy and has been for about 15-20 years. He behaves as if he is a social worker, police officer, community warden all rolled into one by telling off teenagers who are on street corners in gangs etc. Because he hassles teenagers etc he and his family get loads of hassle from said teenagers. He has ended up a rather bitter man to be honest. One of his family went to Germany to escape the hassle...

The guy who dresses like a character from Braveheart and has an animal skin over his shoulder

Spoke to him once actually. He seem quite happy someone spoke to him as opposed to just staring. He said he's caled Phoenix, and that he is a time traveller from the 12th centuary or something around then, and thats why he dresses like that.

I'm sceptical.

Spoke to him once actually. He seem quite happy someone spoke to him as opposed to just staring. He said he's caled Phoenix' date=' and that he is a time traveller from the 12th centuary or something around then, and thats why he dresses like that.

I'm sceptical.[/quote']

He's fucking lying. I've travelled to loads of centuries including the 12th, and never seen him once. Nutter, obviously.

the hells the point in that? I want my life to have a purpose. This Man gives me one.

yea but that guy genuinely has a problem and how the hell would you feel having two kids tailing you everytime you went out just so they could tell their friends what you'd been upto and have a laugh about it? if that's the only purpose your life has then surely you need to take a good long look at your life huh?

and the perpetually grinning stick-thin schizophrenic "Gideon"(she used to live in Bridge Of Don near where i went to school and used to wear wedding dresses and kids' clothes when she went up to the shops near Braehead Way)

yip thats someone from my childhood too chris! but before we found out people used to call her Gideon, we used to call her 'the stick wifie' cause she was so stick thin.....we used to try to find out where she lived by following her, i think it was a caravan not far from Glashieburn School. i still see her walking down george st sometimes. poor woman

sharon

Buckets / Bucket-raker - yes he looks like a poors mans Rolf Harris. His real name is Sandy and is basically his own worst enemy and has been for about 15-20 years. He behaves as if he is a social worker' date=' police officer, community warden all rolled into one by telling off teenagers who are on street corners in gangs etc. Because he hassles teenagers etc he and his family get loads of hassle from said teenagers. He has ended up a rather bitter man to be honest. One of his family went to Germany to escape the hassle...[/quote']

Yeah you should try living in the same street as him. I have to admit it's all died down a lot over the years but every so often people still chuck stuff at his house