aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

They are either labcoats or radiation suits. Whilst changing into whatever it was' date=' surrounded by a mountain of white protective clothing, perhaps worn by the people ofChernnobyl, the thought occured to me "What in God's name am I doing in here?".

OH BTW - they are all size XS.[/quote']

Bah!

I had plans... and I need two... radiation suits are also good... I dont need them until the end of the year... oh well, ebay for me.

But I'd need them in dinky sizes... *sigh*

And another time I was in he answered the phone and I'm guessing it was someone asking to speak to someone as he said "Hold On' date=' I'll just go and get him" but he then just stood there staring at the phone then picked it up again and said "He's a bit tied up at the moment, can you phone back?". He's so strange but such a legend![/quote']

Ever been tailed by him? That's creepy when you see him peering out at you between a pair or zip up tartan booties... on the second shelf up from the floor. I almost shat myself.

Almost everything in Mckays that is not new stock is only available in small sizes because over the years they have slowly sold off everything that would actually fit most men and instead now have many things in the xs or even the mythical xxs size. About two years ago I found a filthy T-shirt there advertising the Glastonbury festival in 1994.

The shoe section is utterly terrifying though because sometimes you find an amazing looking shoe that appears to fit you and realise with a sinking heart that it is literally impossible to find the other one because of the mountain of disorganized footwear that is staring you in the face. I once found an individual cherry red Doc Marten boot there with gold stitching all over it that looked at least 25 years old and there was an empty yoghurt pot inside it. Classic.

Guest Logan
Has anyone seen the Lionel Ritchie Exact Lookalike!! think he owns the bar now that used to be the skater shop elements

YES!!!! Everytime I pass him' date=' I just want to shout out....HELLO!!!! IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!?![/b']

Two George St characters:

1. The junkie who always asks me for change so he can get to the hospital because his girlfriend is about to give birth... he was also approached me offering to sell me mad ibiza dance cds and trainers that he pulled out of a plastic bag.

2. Crazy George St Man... this guy is about 60ish, and always hangs around the northern bar area. everytime he sees me or one of my flatmates, he gets this weird glint in his eye and trys to grab us speaking gibberish at us. Haven't seen him in a while though.

Guest Logan
ah!! you are talking about "Crazy Pete". he's a homeless guy that has a curly kind of fro' date=' who runs everywhere(kind of like a moth type run) he rakes in the bins outside burger king(top of union street)[/quote']

yes yes yes!

Scavanger Man!! He fucking IS a Legend! I once followed him for ages! He really is my hero!

I love this thread already! ^_^

Guest allsystemsfail
I prefer the guy upstairs - he is more down to earth and human...

My father walked into McKays once' date=' then walked straight out again muttering dark, firehazard, health and safety blah blah.[/quote']

There was actually a fire there maybe 20 years ago. Smoldering timbers sir? Certainly sir. Smoking ruin sir?

Guest allsystemsfail
Ever been tailed by him? That's creepy when you see him peering out at you between a pair or zip up tartan booties... on the second shelf up from the floor. I almost shat myself.

HAHAHAHAHA

Nobody has mentioned Jerry & Julie yet (Punch & Judy). Jerry pretends that he worked in The Murder Squad' date=' but in reality he was a primary school teacher. Jerry is 62, Julie is 47. No shit.

How about the lady in Torry with the dogs in pram - she's creepy. Legend has it that she's a famous classically trained pianist who went crazy due to a lost love. That's not a joke BTW.

n.

Next...[/quote']

The Pram Lady was known in Torry as "Jingle Bells" her alleged home had a wooden panel where the window used to be for years. I fear she may be dead now. The rumour at my school was that she was a millionaire through inheritance.

Jerry and Julie are nice, but kind of sad. I always talk to them at the bus stop (Jerry struck up conversation) and they always remember me to say "hi".

Guest Logan

The homeless woman at the top of Belmont Street (technically on Union Street I guess) that looks like an alien! >_<

there's this old guy as well who walks about with jeans that I'm so sure he's shat himself in several times. They're stained a yellowy brown down the back and my GOD does he smell!!!

ooo theres an old guy i see in bruce millers quite a bit, he's always dressed in.. plus fours ? (i think thats what they're called, the golfing trouser things where you tuck them into your socks and your socks come up to your knees practically) I'm always delighted to see him

the crazy 9am drunks that tend to run/stagger up union street at... 9am

oh and is garth the homeless guy that looks kinda like Jim Morrison?

I was walking behind some weird junkie/alcoholics on george st once' date=' only to hear burst into song singing "wakey wakey, rise and shine, five four two it's party time!" ...i guess it was a reference to the 524 cocktail lounge, a pub so classy it doesn't even have windows.[/quote']

Or glasses, I hear. They serve cans.

Little metal bloke with Deirdre Barlow gregorys' date=' isn't he mates with the metal dwarf brothers, one of whom glassed someone in Drakes a while ago? What happened with that - did he ever get done for it?

[/quote']

the man who got glassed was my brother. nothing happened to the guy because my brother felt he was basically a sad little shit and wasn't really worth anything.

'mental martin' as you call him is a twin. he's the better walker of the two but is slightly more paranoid. his twin is called gary and he has a distinctive walk and speech habit. gary is nicer than martin though(depending on his pills i think). dierdre is called austin. best austin story was when sinky ex of one up stuck a sign on austin's hat saying twat right on the front of his cap. he walked round aberdeen for ages with it on and only realized when he came back to the shop and walked downstairs. as he walked downstairs it kinda flipped over and finnie noticed it on his head and was having a wee look waiting for it to flap down again so he could see what he said. when it did he collapsed on the floor in hysterics and austin realised something was up.

sinky had skills.

my least favourite celebrity is mccurroch the tramp who comes into the shop and buys a cd then disposes of the case somewhere and the cd he previously had in his player. he must be loaded but lives in a hole somewhere. we have to spray the shop with air freshner after he has been in and some staff refuse to serve him because his hygiene is so bad. i always wash my hands after dealing with him because his are black with weeks of dirt and nastiness. he's also very rude. and is slightly mad, he once put a tenner on the counter to pay for something then put a rock on top of it. he also once ate a penny i gave him as change.

ryan the big issue seller is an interesting character. he has had a tough time of things but also can be a problem. particularly when he's had a drink. generally he's alright though, he's taken up drawing recently and is getting quite good. haven't seen him for a wee while though.

the guy i really don't like is the scary scary junkie guy with tatoos and stuff. some regulars in one up may know him as the scary looking guy who would sit on our listening post listening to entire yes and pink floyd albums and singing along really loudly ad libbing swear words. he also sniffed glue there from time to time. he is now banned from listening to stuff but occasionally the boss lets him back in much to my dismay as it's always me that has to tell him to leave.

'mental martin' as you call him is a twin. he's the better walker of the two but is slightly more paranoid. his twin is called gary and he has a distinctive walk and speech habit. gary is nicer than martin though(depending on his pills i think).

Gary also froths from the mouth more to my recollection?