aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

the blind homeless guy selling big issue is/was a regular at drummonds.

we got all the celebrities!!

He enjoyed a pint with us in the moorings one evening.

Also the guy who tries to sell things to get back to shetland.

"You know what I love Shetland but Aberdeen is nice, I just love all the nice people"

He has spoken to me twice and actually remembered me the second time and said I was his best friend, aww bless.

One of the twins is known in the skateboard community as Mental Martin. He stole my brothers hat and my brother didn't want it back because it had probbaly got "minkified".

There is a legend that Mental Martin one tried to jump over a moving car while dressed as a ninja and broke his leg. I don't care if this isn't true, because even if it's fiction, it's possibly the best tale ever.

Stripey's right. We are kind of disgusting, but my story involved ninjas.

• Upvote 1

One of the twins is known in the skateboard community as Mental Martin. He stole my brothers hat and my brother didn't want it back because it had probbaly got "minkified".

There is a legend that Mental Martin one tried to jump over a moving car while dressed as a ninja and broke his leg. I don't care if this isn't true' date=' because even if it's fiction, it's possibly the best tale ever.

Stripey's right. We are kind of disgusting, but my story involved ninjas.[/quote']

"Mental Martin" or "Psycho Martin" as I refer to him as... is simply terror... the tale I told earlier is about that very Martin.

My tale involves Drakes, Smashed Glasses, The Lord of the rings and Nicky Ca$ino.

Surely it's better?

There is a legend that Mental Martin one tried to jump over a moving car while dressed as a ninja and broke his leg. I don't care if this isn't true' date=' because even if it's fiction, it's possibly the best tale ever.

Stripey's right. We are kind of disgusting, but my story involved ninjas.[/quote']

Leckie and I were walking accross the St Nicholas centre one day when we heard a man shouting "keep your kids away from him he is a sex offender" it was 'menatal martin' shouting at some guy. They then proceded to hit it eachother with skateboards while martin told the man to stab him and that he wanted to be murdered. Was funny at the time.

Leckie and I were walking accross the St Nicholas centre one day when we heard a man shouting "keep your kids away from him he is a sex offender" it was 'menatal martin' shouting at some guy. They then proceded to hit it eachother with skateboards while martin told the man to stab him and that he wanted to be murdered. Was funny at the time.

This is like Ghost World: hillarious yet slightly sad.

I get the impression none of will ever learn that we're just as bad and pathetic as the world around us in our own ways and then fuck off on a bus, though.

Guest allsystemsfail
cisada.jpg

"ohhhhhh did you hear about so and so' date=' ooohhhhh you wouldn't believe it"

This thread has just reminded what a pokey little town aberdeen is and how small minded and petty the inhabitants can be. Here's an idea, instead of laughing at these people on a message board, why not just round them up into castlegate square and stick them in stocks and cages so you can all throw stones at them and poke them with sticks for a laugh? I mean, that's what the mentally ill and destitute are for isn't it, to give you a laugh and make you feel good about yourself.

:moody:[/quote']

And this from the man who said this: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15396&page2 Posts 16 and 18.

Guest allsystemsfail
haha!! hello SIR...no we dont have any in stock' date=' but try a week on thursday, haha

why the hell does he follow you round the shop?? i reckon if you stole a thousand items from there, it would still be a clutter.[/quote']

I remember him working there way back in 1980, and hey, he still looks exactly the same.

haha!! hello SIR...no we dont have any in stock' date=' but try a week on thursday, haha

why the hell does he follow you round the shop?? i reckon if you stole a thousand items from there, it would still be a clutter.[/quote']

I prefer the guy upstairs - he is more down to earth and human...

My father walked into McKays once, then walked straight out again muttering dark, firehazard, health and safety blah blah.

The man in Mackays doesn't recognise me and I have been going there regularly for five years.

Has anyone mentioned the female tramp on King Street who asks for money to buy cigarettes and irn bru and claims to have a job which only pays 1.50 a day?

Also what about the guy with one foot shorter than the other who sells newspapers from a kiosk?

Finally: The ginger 'Stone Roses' junkie?

Amazing but I know several of these celebs:

The skinny guy with the blonde hair and shorts that cuts the grass for the council is Jim Esson. He's a lovely guy and was a regular in The Satelite Bar. The council thing was his first ever job, he finally got caught by THE NEW DEAL his mid 40s. His mum Sybil worked in the RGU for 30 years until she died. She was right into Gary Moore, and used to give me her painkillers from time to time.

The running guy with the white goods is 'Wobbly Bob'. His condition IS caused by an illness.

Chris the blind guy is good fun. I once got him to sit next to some randoms and hand them a black spot.

The mime lady died after accidentally walking through a plate glass window in 1999. *joke*.

The large bin raker with the wild ginger hair/beard and snorkel is Garth again 'n again 'n again. He often err works in the bar, and also in Drakes too, as a minesweeper again 'n again. The red lump on his head is rumoured to be his self destruct button. His odour is part of his personal crusade against passive smoking. Garth also liberates perfectly good produce from supermarket skips.

Carmine is the owner of the Italian Cafe on Union Terrace. He fed me almost every weekday from 1988 until 1994. Even when I no money he would drag me in off the street and feed me for free. When the place was busy (it's always busy) he'd sit me down next to some random and tell them I was his son. True class.

Erland used to drink in the bar in the late 80s / early 90s. He is indeed a top bloke. I think we use to call him Meat Loaf.

Nobody has mentioned Jerry & Julie yet (Punch & Judy). Jerry pretends that he worked in The Murder Squad, but in reality he was a primary school teacher. Jerry is 62, Julie is 47. No shit.

Ever been in the changing room at MacKays? In there they have a bonfire sized pile of several hundred used labcoats. I guess there's a market somewhere. Suits you sir. Notice that some of the shop is actually in accessable due to the racks caving in, and fallen dummies looking like badly dressed drive by shooting victims. They've sold the light denim cowboy boots though. I've had a size L hospital reserve coat on order there since 1996. I heard that the owners are all ex-policemen. Suits you sir.

How about the lady in Torry with the dogs in pram - she's creepy. Legend has it that she's a famous classically trained pianist who went crazy due to a lost love. That's not a joke BTW.

Another one for this list is 'Uneven Steven' he sold Simon the barman a DVD boxset of the Exorcist for 2, then bought it back for 20, then sold it back for 2 again... and so on. He got glasses specifically to use our jukebox. He only wears them at the jukebox.

How about Derek - THE GREATEST ROCK VOCALIST IN ABERDEEN. Derek at the open mic "I'm now going to perform a song by Gary Moore called 'Walkin'". The house band breaks into 'Smoke on the Water'. Dereks comes in late with "We all came down from Montrose...", then gets in a fight with the mic stand and loses. Time for the mute button.

Next...

When I was last in Mackays he showed me some "parashoot pants" which are apparently "good for summer" and he told me "we're open 7 days a week, including Sundays, and thats not just for summer". And another time I was in he answered the phone and I'm guessing it was someone asking to speak to someone as he said "Hold On, I'll just go and get him" but he then just stood there staring at the phone then picked it up again and said "He's a bit tied up at the moment, can you phone back?". He's so strange but such a legend! Anyone know how long the shops actually been there?

Anyone know how long the shops actually been there?

I bought shoes there in '85 or '86. Gray slip on lizard skin things. It was tidier then, and they had a reputation for outdoors stuff. Note the posters all date back to then. I think they have slowly gone insane in there. Maybe one of them used to date the dog in pram pianist woman...

Notice how the window display barely hints at the reality though.