aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

Back when I worked on the Green my first human interaction on Saturdays was almost always a 'Lookin Fer BIznessss?' query. so grotty

does anyone know/remember the old guy who always wore a 3 piece suit and rode the westhill bus from woodend to union street. dude always smelled horrendous and had hair like a balding homeless version of Einstein.. last time I saw him I was waiting for the bus home and saw a wee bam drop his MAccyD's burger on the floor, him and his wee bam mates then spent the next few minutes gobbing on it then buggered off. Along comes stinky einstein who without hesitation picks the soggy burger up and munches away on it as everyone at the bus stop watches in horror.

I was once standing beside the roundabout just past castlegate when an older looking woman said "lookin fer buisness?". I said no and got "well why you standing about then?!".

To be fair, I was waiting on a gf. So, I guess I was standing about hoping for a ride. Just not one I would have to pay for.

I was always disappointed that I never once got propositioned in Aberdeen despite spending plenty of time in and around prime prostitution areas. I always heard stories and saw a good number of ladies of the night in various stages of emaciation. I'm back in town next week though so maybe that's something to look forward to!

12 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Me and my chum got propositioned by a dude on Golden Square yonks ago. Clearly a junkie, he explained to us he'd been "selling his arse all night". It seemed like he was trying to guilt trip us into bumming him or something...

that guy was most likely Daniel. sad story, he used to skate with us back in t' day. he was a good guy but started partying too hard and ended up on smack, selling himself for money to score..usually at golden square. he died a few years ago he was only like 22

On 4/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, scottyboy said:

Maybe. Someone stopped me exactly around there saying her boyfriend/husband had kicked her out and she had no money and nowhere to go. Don't think she asked for a specific sum though. Being a student I didn't really have any money either and said so. She apologised and seemed pretty upset, though, so maybe it was legit.

About a year ago, outside HMV on Union Street, an obvious crackhead gave me the same old 'I'm pregnant/been kicked out by my husband' story.
She was balling her eyes out asking for money for a bus to Stonehaven/the hospital (it wasn't overly clear). 

I told her no, and that I didn't have any change - which was a) true, but b) I also would have said no if my pockets resembled Scrooge McDuck's basement of doubloons. 

As soon as she realised I wasn't buying it, her mug went from greetin' to normal* in a split second and she stormed off, to repeat her efforts to someone else.

*By 'normal', I mean normal by crackhead standards.

5 hours ago, Dan G said:

About a year ago, outside HMV on Union Street, an obvious crackhead gave me the same old 'I'm pregnant/been kicked out by my husband' story.
She was balling her eyes out asking for money for a bus to Stonehaven/the hospital (it wasn't overly clear). 

I told her no, and that I didn't have any change - which was a) true, but b) I also would have said no if my pockets resembled Scrooge McDuck's basement of doubloons. 

As soon as she realised I wasn't buying it, her mug went from greetin' to normal* in a split second and she stormed off, to repeat her efforts to someone else.

*By 'normal', I mean normal by crackhead standards.

She's stopped me four or five times at the bus station and given me the same story. 

10 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Nah, it wasn't him. I know who you're on about. This was well before his day, probably 12-13 years ago.

When I worked in the Bon Accord Centre in 2003-2004 there was a notorious shoplifter who used to come in every single day and try to rob the shops. He was known in every shop in the city centre and banned from all the centres. He shoplifted by day and sucked cock by night. Good old smack. 

Maybe she has been mentioned already (haven't read the whole thread) but anyone remember Rosie who used to dance in the middle of the street just outside Lodge Walk? Rush hour, no-one hassled her as she was such a well-known face. She grooved away to music only she could hear. Now and then a bobby would come out and lead her on to the pavement. She passed away a few years back now. 

Other one from my youth (long time ago) was Henny from Woodside. Henny was a wee bit simple and used to hang around the mart on mart days to help farmers with loading and unloading cattle. They usually gave him a few shillings for helping them.  I was told he had an amazing way with horses. Kids used to make a cunt of him, shouting 'Henny moke a pipe' at him. He had speech problems and knew everyone as 'Bob'. First thing you got was 'Hi Bob, you 'moke a pipe? Henny got a pipe but nae 'bacca.' His name was actually Henry Livingstone. I reckon he must be long gone now.