aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

I just went to google him and the third suggestion was 'Roger Kimmet Obituary'

It's not him though

When I googled him I got this post:

imagine imagine being the new moshulu

imagine free drinks

imagine roger kimmett in a bikini with a snake wrapped around his legs whilst pole dancing to hot chocolate :up:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/topic/7491-imagine/?p=9772

• Upvote 1

Roger Kimmet was an extremely odd character who had run ins with a lot of people. A lot of people seem to have a Roger Kimmet story. I went to school with him (heavily adhd, loud and obnoxious but not the helpless kind you'd feel sorry for, he had a bit of nasty in him). I thought he was out of my life forever when I left for Uni until he turned up outside my dorm window asking if I wanted to eat a roast chicken with him (how he knew I was there I still don't know, he just kind of appeared). Cue him moving into a dorm next door then getting chucked out for various nonsense (there was always an odd story attached to everything he did - he accidentally set a fire or had a fight with a roommate or whatever - either way he either always had to make sure you knew about it or you'd run into someone who'd bring up 'that guy'). Think of the most annoying person you know and multiply it by ten.

He'd pop up every so often around town with various groups of friends (one day he'd be a goth, the next a bit emo, then he went cyber-goth a bit). Got barred from drummonds for selling weed or something at one point I believe.

Nothing much more to it than that. Basically, once you've met him he'll keep popping up when you least expect it and bring a shitstorm of annoyance with him. I half expect to bump into him in Poland one day.

• Upvote 1

I was at school with him too. Mental. Yup, I desperately wanted to give him a good fuckin' hidin' every day at school. Bane of my fucking life.

I also thought I was shot of him when I moved to Aberdeen but he appeared in a leather trenchcoat one night in Drummonds telling me how much he loved to 'fuck the lassies', or some shit of that ilk. Pretty sure he did open mic' that night too so I probably shouted cunt at him a fair bit.

Edited by James Broonbreed

I gave him a black eye once with a toilet roll.

I half expect to bump into him in Poland one day.

DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS! I half expect him to actually be here! I swear I'll hunt you down if he turns up :laughing:

Yup, I desperately wanted to give him a good fuckin' hidin' every day at school.

I gave him a hiding twice - once when he tried to grab the breasts of a female mate at a house party (he wasn't invited, but he turned up anyway) and the other time when he tried to fight another mate. Didn't seem to change a thing, but with a drink in him, he was a right aggressive arse. Problem was, he was also an absolute pussy. Like everyone else says, he'd just appear and start pissing everyone off.

He actually broke into my mates flat and went to sleep there. That incident got him another hiding as well.

Cue him moving into a dorm next door then getting chucked out for various nonsense

What dorm were you in? We went to one really bloody weird party that he invited us to, where everyone seemed to hate his guts.

He got himself barred from most pubs and clubs in Aberdeen at one point, that's why he started hanging out in Imagine because they actually let him in.

Last I knew of him, he was living in Great Northern Road in some flat with a stream of junkies coming in and out.

Didn't he get a lifetime ban from The Moorings as well?

Edited by Cloud

yeah he stayed in one of the granite mansions between the whitehorse and farmfood. some reason my pal dossed at his for a while, so i remember going round for rez joints and cheap frozen pizza from time to time. I actually cleaned his kitchen once cause of the immense mess it was in. another time we ended up catching the 23 to his girlfriends house, basically it was some young lead astray type who lived in the westend. I had no idea why she was into him, she was pretty hot.

there was a guy who also lived above him people called manchester lee, weird skinny looking guy with a manic look in his eye. I remember him rolling up his sleeve to show me a horrible "m" tattood on his thin arm. the M stands for Megadeth apparently. coming from a guy with eminem/dr dre/the game posters all over his house.

roger always had someone dodgy in his house. i got told off by some other english guy called lee for rolling the joints too tight 

yeah he stayed in one of the granite mansions between the whitehorse and farmfood. some reason my pal dossed at his for a while, so i remember going round for rez joints and cheap frozen pizza from time to time. I actually cleaned his kitchen once cause of the immense mess it was in. another time we ended up catching the 23 to his girlfriends house, basically it was some young lead astray type who lived in the westend. I had no idea why she was into him, she was pretty hot.

there was a guy who also lived above him people called manchester lee, weird skinny looking guy with a manic look in his eye. I remember him rolling up his sleeve to show me a horrible "m" tattood on his thin arm. the M stands for Megadeth apparently. coming from a guy with eminem/dr dre/the game posters all over his house.

roger always had someone dodgy in his house. i got told off by some other english guy called lee for rolling the joints too tight 

When I don't like someone i tend to keep away from them...

• 4 years later...

stumbled upon this thread today.. any updates on new celebs?

I heard Wobble head bob died.. RIP.

Is crazy Martin still lurking? I think he's a good guy, he invited me to his Dad's BBQ when I was like 14.. I always felt bad for him, but I did see him smack some junkie woman in the face with the grip tape side of his skateboard on Westburn road a few years ago so yknow swings and roundabouts

I stayed in Bucksburn for a while and every tuesday night rain or shine, I saw some dude rollerblading with Ski poles towards the haudagain roundabout in full 80s neon yellow. any one know his story?

I see the Braveheart warrior guy (not Peter Dow) quite regularly.  He still looks exactly the same.  He seems to have a regular commute up Spital and College Bounds between 5 and 6pm, which is a bit surprising.  I imagine him working for the Council or maybe at Sainsbury's Metro and looking like a regular guy before transforming into the super-hero warrior after work.

18 hours ago, Mr Owl PhD said:

I see the Braveheart warrior guy (not Peter Dow) quite regularly.  He still looks exactly the same.  He seems to have a regular commute up Spital and College Bounds between 5 and 6pm, which is a bit surprising.  I imagine him working for the Council or maybe at Sainsbury's Metro and looking like a regular guy before transforming into the super-hero warrior after work.

I’m pretty sure someone told me he works in Morrisons on King Street.

I never realised until i read this thread that Norman Goldie, the AFC fan who died last year was that old guy that I used to see around town a lot in a Dons scarf with the big drinkers nose. Used to see him get a fair bit of stick from kids on Union Street. Seemed a harmless enough sort. 

Used to see that guy EVERYWHERE

I remember a few celebs from Pittodrie. Guy who sat right in the bottom corner of the main stand, next to the merkland. Had the biggest watch you've ever seen. It was weird - to this day i've never seen a watch so big. Kids used to hassle him to show them his watch and gave him a cheer every time he did. He seemed to love it. Think he was a bit slow.

A few guys who used to hang about outside the players entrance before and after games were characters. Way too old to be hunting autographs and getting excited about seeing Billy Dodds step off a bus.

When I first moved to Aberdeen in 1998 I remember two pretty memorable transvestites. I lived just off the Castlegate and I used to see this old guy, maybe late 50s, cutting about with a woman's bouffant perm and dangley earrings, super camp. He stopped me once to tell me he was going home to dress up as Shirley Bassey and ask if I wanted to come round and see. I didn't go. The other was a guy they called Jojo, he was a full-on cross dresser, would totter about in a short skirt and heels, but he wasn't even remotely femine, he was big and burly and had a beard. Rumour has it he was very volatile and used to viciously attack anyone who looked at him wrong. Haven't seen him in a long long time though. Posted about him years ago in this thread and someone mentioned he was in jail. 

Anyone ever see the woman who hung about near Aberdeen Uni on King Street, she would tell you they'd stopped her social and she needed money for a packet of fags and a bottle of Irn Bru. She knew the exact amount as well and she'd ask for £6.80 or whatever it was. A couple times I was sitting in traffic and she came up and knocked on my window to ask for £6.80 for a packet of fags and a bottle of Irn Bru. 

On 4/26/2018 at 3:24 AM, Lemonade said:

Anyone ever see the woman who hung about near Aberdeen Uni on King Street, she would tell you they'd stopped her social and she needed money for a packet of fags and a bottle of Irn Bru. She knew the exact amount as well and she'd ask for £6.80 or whatever it was. A couple times I was sitting in traffic and she came up and knocked on my window to ask for £6.80 for a packet of fags and a bottle of Irn Bru. 

Maybe. Someone stopped me exactly around there saying her boyfriend/husband had kicked her out and she had no money and nowhere to go. Don't think she asked for a specific sum though. Being a student I didn't really have any money either and said so. She apologised and seemed pretty upset, though, so maybe it was legit.

Classy place, that section of King Street. I was waiting for my flatmate to buy a sandwich or whatever from the Tesco Express, and some woman sauntered up and asked if I "was waiting for someone" (if only she'd made the Dr Evil scare quotes...). I said, uh, yeah, why? To which she replied "come aroond the corner then...". At which point I realised I was talking to a real life hooker. At like 11am. Whereupon my flatmate came out with his sandwich and it dawned on her that "oh, you're actually waiting for someone!". I was mortified (flatmate asked why I'd turned crimson). She thought it was hilarious.