aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

If it's the same I guy I'm thinking of, I quite often see him in the mornings on Bridge Street. Normally wears a denim jacket and carries a purple(I think, not positive) hold all. Years ago, he used to walk about the Holburn Street/Broomhill area in tiny denim shorts.

I'm guessing he has some sort of mental health issues.

I think I know who you're thinking of but its not the same guy.

Can I nominate the Earl of Holburn Street? He walks up and down it all day, pausing for a cigarette beside the Foundry or outside Willy Hill's, before carrying on again...ad infinitum.

Yes! I once described him to a friend as looking 'like he was fairly high up in the Army in the 80's but he started hitting the bottle and his wife left him and now he lives in a big empty house still doing his Army excercises and 'waiting for the 'Argie's'' and within 5 minutes he walked past and my friend instantly identified him from the description.

Has anyone else encountered a guy called John that comes up to you and speaks to you like he is your best mate and has known you for years? Me and my mate used to always be on the same bus as him, he would speak to us almost every day but each day he seemed to forget speaking to us. So we would have the same conversation all the time. He seemed really nice but at the same time it was utterly bizarre. I think he lives on Hilton Drive, at least that's where he would get on the bus.

What about the weird dude with the long hair and leather jacket that walks like a pigeon and bumps into people! Always carries a skatebord, never seen him on it!! I dont like him for some reason!!!

IS THIS HIM?

YouTube - goth guy with a mad walk in Torry, Aberdeen

think your on about martin

he's skateboards and his twin brother is usually in the leather jacket, both have some sort of mental problem i believe as i used to see them going about cornhill hospital when i used to live on berryden road,

they have the piss ripped out them in an aberdeen skatevid that was out sometime ago, yesboss? maybe? they were filmed out side forbidden planet with the ost extreme death metal playing, mega LOLZ

How about the old guy that used to reside outside Gilcomston church? I haven't seen him there for a while.

HE HAS HAD A SHAVE AND IS LOOKING CHAMPION!

seen him last weeks outside starbucks at st nicholas centre

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Has anyone else encountered a guy called John that comes up to you and speaks to you like he is your best mate and has known you for years? Me and my mate used to always be on the same bus as him, he would speak to us almost every day but each day he seemed to forget speaking to us. So we would have the same conversation all the time. He seemed really nice but at the same time it was utterly bizarre. I think he lives on Hilton Drive, at least that's where he would get on the bus.

John Howard, bloody nightmare he is as well.

He was forever turning up at the residential unit I used to work in, trying to befriend folk and scrounge his way in so we wouldn't let him through the door.

He does seem to forget speaking to you, one day he said hi to me as I got on the bus. I couldn't be fucked with him so I ignored him and sat down so he came up to me ranting something about how I shouldn't ignore him because he's "got human rights". He then got off the bus, made my day to wind him up. Saw him the following day and he was back to saying "hello, mate" again. Jesus...

He's got a twin brother as well who doesn't seem to bother anyone.

:up:

IS THIS HIM?

YouTube - goth guy with a mad walk in Torry, Aberdeen

think your on about martin

he's skateboards and his twin brother is usually in the leather jacket, both have some sort of mental problem i believe as i used to see them going about cornhill hospital when i used to live on berryden road,

they have the piss ripped out them in an aberdeen skatevid that was out sometime ago, yesboss? maybe? they were filmed out side forbidden planet with the ost extreme death metal playing, mega LOLZ

The video is Gary. The skateboarder as you mentioned is Martin.

John Howard, bloody nightmare he is as well.

He was forever turning up at the residential unit I used to work in, trying to befriend folk and scrounge his way in so we wouldn't let him through the door.

He does seem to forget speaking to you, one day he said hi to me as I got on the bus. I couldn't be fucked with him so I ignored him and sat down so he came up to me ranting something about how I shouldn't ignore him because he's "got human rights". He then got off the bus, made my day to wind him up. Saw him the following day and he was back to saying "hello, mate" again. Jesus...

He's got a twin brother as well who doesn't seem to bother anyone.

That's him, he gave my mate his mobile number once after telling us how he has to look after his sister who has some mental illness or something. I've not seen him for ages though, any idea what the latest on him is?

The video is Gary. The skateboarder as you mentioned is Martin.

I forget which one it was... I think it was Martin... but he glassed a guy I was sitting with at Drakes one time. I was suppose to be a witness at court for it but it didn't make it as far as the courthouse in the end.

Good times.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That's him, he gave my mate his mobile number once after telling us how he has to look after his sister who has some mental illness or something. I've not seen him for ages though, any idea what the latest on him is?

I've never heard any mention of a sister, his brother is basically him with a grey moustache.

Aye, he's still at large in the community! I often catch the 23 home and I see him on it every couple of weeks or so. Whoever sits at the front of the bus is guaranteed a terrorising from him. He started singing to himself quite loudly one day on the bus, the biddies at the front were becoming quite agitated...

I forget which one it was... I think it was Martin... but he glassed a guy I was sitting with at Drakes one time. I was suppose to be a witness at court for it but it didn't make it as far as the courthouse in the end.

Good times.

Aye, it was Martin. He has a bit of trouble with folk staring at him.

Can I nominate the Earl of Holburn Street? He walks up and down it all day, pausing for a cigarette beside the Foundry or outside Willy Hill's, before carrying on again...ad infinitum.

That's smokey Joe! He used to drink in the Foundry when it was the Granary. His real name's Norman. He used to chain smoke whilst walking the street... sometimes just in his slippers.

yeah think I ran into Martin once. Claimed to be a time traveller. Also claimed to be a "Higher Demon" (Exactly the type of thing a lesser demon would say. . .)

He also proclaimed once that there was an Angel in Drummonds. If i were an Angel, that's exactly where I would be spending my time. o_O

I believe that the guy, Pete I think, who carries the random objects up and down Union Street passed away last year.

yeah think I ran into Martin once. Claimed to be a time traveller.
He's told me various things like this. Prime examples include

-his father is darth vader adn he's waiting for a ride on the milenium falcon

-Cornhill murdered him, and he spent 3 days on the moon before coming back to earth

-his sister is the vocalist of arch enemy

The Indian guy who stands on union street/terrace junction drumming up custom for his business.. "Come eat lunch, it's real Indian food, not British Indian food, thank fuck for that"

That guy really drives his message home. Then thrusts a leaflet into your hand. I'm sure if you showed too much interest, he'd frog-march you into the restaurant.

The Indian guy who stands on union street/terrace junction drumming up custom for his business.. "Come eat lunch, it's real Indian food, not British Indian food, thank fuck for that"
When Certain Death were up he was shouting about his "real indian cuisine" but it took a moment to figure that out, since with the accent I was sure he said "come eat real indian pussy".

• 3 months later...
there has been a dude playing what lookslike an upturned round bbq that has lots of dents in the square nest to marks n sparks. he just slaps the dents n it makes harmonious percussioney tunes. i wanna know what its called, i gave him a quid, the nmost ive ever given a busker!

this thread has given me a few laughs, havnt seen the rendom household appliances man for a while, but i did buy a guns n roses 6 ft flag off him once for a pint glass and a quid, lol, a big thanks to the drummonds staff for the pint glass. lol.

Bit late in replying but was it a hang drum?

Hang Drum, Panart, melodic metal percussion drum, steel pan, steel drum, Hapi

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've spotted another local celebrity who has been christened 'matrix man'.

He wears a matrix style full length leather jacket (too long in the arms) and is seen walking up Hutcheon Street every morning.

I don't know if he posts on here but he looks like a total boss (GBOL).

Haven't spied any other local celebs recently, poor show.