aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

How about the queens cross drunkard? he always wears a bomber jacket and a gold chain or 2, has a tash, generally seen staggering up albyn place in the afternoon?? Or the group of hobos that meet with bags of special brew either on the bench next to Jimmy Chungs or the church's steps next to pizza express? The tanned guy with glasses and a big rucksack that lives in a shack in cults is a bloody legend, I saw him once go crazy at a woman in a bmw..

oh just remembered about the obsessed aberdeen fan. this guy is really old with the biggest nose iv ever seen' date=' and he wears aberdeen fc jackets,hats,scarfs usually can be found down market street area[/quote']

That guy is a legend! i used to see him all the time while waiting for the bus home from school, and in the summer he wears a very very short pair of AFC shorts which leave unsettlingly little to the imagination.

and the mackays guy! i went in to buy a camo jacket and he took ten minutes to explain to me that the army had recalled them all coz of the war in iraq. im now wondering which iraq war he meant!

Every1 has forgotten about the one and only TIBETAN DAVE!

seen mostly at drakes open mic but still has his fair share of sightings round about the city centre. Please' date=' someone else state their appreciation for TIBETAN DAVE.[/quote']

i have not personally encountered tibetan dave but i have a wee story about him.

apparently one evening he went into drakes and was like "i'm feelin really tired today". so somebody said "whys that dave?" and he replied "oh, i went to visit the standing stones in my head."

scary tattoo man - used to come into my old work [bakers oven], hangs around the trinity centre.. short.. big glasses.. weird face.. ech.. we had an in-joke when i still worked there that he was after all the female employees.. and he always ordered the same bloody thing

weird-looking homeless girl who sits at the top of belmont street - came into my work and bought a cup of tea and paid in 5ps.

the guy who owns elementz - i'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. has to be the single most annoying person i have encountered in my life. "do you need any help?" "no thanks.." "what sizes are you looking for?" GRRR.

the randoms selling the flashy things/flowers on belmont street at night

there probably are more, but at 1:21 i'm finding it hard to think.

Guest allsystemsfail
Every1 has forgotten about the one and only TIBETAN DAVE!

seen mostly at drakes open mic but still has his fair share of sightings round about the city centre. Please' date=' someone else state their appreciation for TIBETAN DAVE.[/quote']

Dave's a really nice guy. I remember him from my time working in radical bookshop Boomtown Books. We often speak. He's also been supportive of some of the political projects with which I'm been involved - attending meetings, benefit shows... Yeah, nice guy.

Don't forget the "aye aye" woman on King St by the cemetary' date=' and the mad heather lady.

And Peter Dow and Howling Mad Murdock![/quote']

Is that the one that always wants money for Iron Bru and fags? (The King Street one) she took a shining to my boyfriend when he used to live down next to the university.

Terror.

Is that the one that always wants money for Iron Bru and fags? (The King Street one) she took a shining to my boyfriend when he used to live down next to the university.

Terror.

Aye she's stopped me on the way back from uni - and she WOULD buy Iron Brew and not Irn Bru 'cause she's that kinda lady :p

Aye she's stopped me on the way back from uni - and she WOULD buy Iron Brew and not Irn Bru 'cause she's that kinda lady :p

Figures at much *shakes head*

And Mayfair??? Only for a special kind of lady... ;)

I can't remember the story too well, I'd have to consult Scott... she said she made 3 pounds a day!

Stunning.

• 3 weeks later...
Who was that new celeb who was singing outside Littlewoods yesterday afternoon? Oldish guy' date=' maybe a little drunk?[/quote']

i think i know the one you mean. warbles a lot?

and the "aye aye" woman from King Street has a Name-i know her first name is maggie. use this information wisely... if it confuses her and makes her leave you alone it's a good thing right?

i think i know the one you mean. warbles a lot?

and the "aye aye" woman from King Street has a Name-i know her first name is maggie. use this information wisely... if it confuses her and makes her leave you alone it's a good thing right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! MUGGY !

that is where "muggy's minge" comes from (my location)

"aye aye i have jad 109 operations and i'm waiting for my 110th"

SHE IS A LEGEND ! :up:

yeah he used to go into McDonalds ask for a large cup then went to the toilet and filled it with cider. I also saw him being chucked out of Yates for asking for change constantly' date=' and was absolutely gob smacked to see him at the last manics gig in glasgow[/quote']

i think you guys could be reffering to the world famous (in aberdeen) "Mushy John".

perhaps these have already been said but i can't be assed reading 15 pages so.....

1) Pheonix, the guy who walks about in a kilt and armour, wears a beret, is bald, with a back ponytail

1) that homeless dude that hangs about the church across from jimmy chungs, usually being attended to by paramedics

yip thats someone from my childhood too chris! but before we found out people used to call her Gideon' date=' we used to call her 'the stick wifie' cause she was so stick thin.....we used to try to find out where she lived by following her, i think it was a caravan not far from Glashieburn School. i still see her walking down george st sometimes. poor woman

sharon[/quote']

fuck i remmber her from being a kid. we used to call people a Gideon. we would impersonate her walk as a way of mocking people. fuck. glashieburn. how strange.

also, I dont think anybody has mentioned the guy with long blonde/fair hair that is always shaking his head slightly, appears to be muttering to himself and is usually going into phone boxs, then coming straight out again to go into the next one. he can usually be seen around the St Nicholas square phoneboxs or the phone boxs outside the Tilted Wig.

also, theres the old man with the massive grey beard, glasses a suit and looks like Grandpa Broon. he just walks around the city all day, and occasionally asks for dsirections to a street that he already knows how to get to. He is usually down the harbour but i have sene him up as faras the Northern Hotel on Great Northern Road.