aberdeen-music

Desperate Fishwives

framheim

Really? I thought it was so poor I had to switch it off. Very predictable and pretty amateurish I thought, sorry.

it wasn't as good as i hoped but had some good moments. certainly has potential. i think the mtv stuff was strongest and the golf skit the weakest. i think you're right and some of the jokes were fairly predictable, none were as good as this:

Better than fuckin' 'Limmy's Show', 'aats fur sure.

If they run out of ideas all they have to do is invoke some NE village, "aats twa coos mair 'an Rhynie/Rothienorman/Logie Coldstone/Finzean/ad infinitum" bingo, job done.

As an exile, I'm also loving the locations, I could see my old uni departmental home of Powis Gate* 'ahin' the Robbie Shepherd 1st sketch.

*Before History of Art was moved somewhere shit so that scumbag administrators could get the nice Victorian toonhoose, wanks.

I like Robbie Shepherd as a character. Good fun, as I used to see Robbie at least once a week and the impression of him was pretty spot on. The military gym worker with the electric shockers was good too. The low points were the Duncan Bannatyne Dragon's Den sketch and the insulting shop wifie. Both felt like they were trying hard but neither were working. The insulting shop wifie and the golf guy could be funny with better material but the Dragon's Den guy just wisnae funny.

I like Robbie Shepherd as a character. Good fun, as I used to see Robbie at least once a week and the impression of him was pretty spot on. The military gym worker with the electric shockers was good too. The low points were the Duncan Bannatyne Dragon's Den sketch and the insulting shop wifie. Both felt like they were trying hard but neither were working. The insulting shop wifie and the golf guy could be funny with better material .

Agree on the material. Doric alone doesn't (shouldn't?) constitute comedy.

Nae bad though

They pronounced it Ochnagatt like it was an O, the locals pronounce it closer to Achnagatt, emphasis on A. It's similar to when the Doctor says "say aaa". Auchnagatt. They got it wrong.

Put on your Doric accent and tell me what sounds more authentic...

I'm awa tae Auchnagatt.

My Doric top trumps theirs.

Will check it out on iplayer. But having heard their radio stuff I tend to think that while it's funny sometimes, it really doesn't come close to Scotland the What.

That pretty much sums it up for me, the odd funny moment but generally sub-par Scotland the What, Buff hardie's son is in them i believe. I tend to find it's like Scotland the What but a lot cruder and it sometimes just feels like it's done like that for the sake of it - maybe to differentiate from Scotland the What, rather than to add to the humour. Just bought the new Scotland the What book so looking forward to reading that. I kind of felt that thy just don't have the NE Observational style that Scotland the What has that makes them so much better, a proper understanding of the NE mentality instead of just adding ina doric accent to existing sketches.

Someone's done a great video for this:

Also can't beat:

That pretty much sums it up for me, the odd funny moment but generally sub-par Scotland the What, Buff hardie's son is in them i believe. I tend to find it's like Scotland the What but a lot cruder and it sometimes just feels like it's done like that for the sake of it - maybe to differentiate from Scotland the What, rather than to add to the humour. Just bought the new Scotland the What book so looking forward to reading that. I kind of felt that thy just don't have the NE Observational style that Scotland the What has that makes them so much better, a proper understanding of the NE mentality instead of just adding ina doric accent to existing sketches.

This paragraph needs more Scotland the What.