aberdeen-music

Unbroken Silence

J

Hey if there is anyone on here that came to the gig on the 31st of July that Normans Fetish, Contra and us (unbroken silence) were playing could any of you guys tell me what you'ze thought as our guitarist/singer Aaron keeps puttin himself down on it and we thought it went well.

So of any of you guys have opinions or if anyone went please get back here any comments atall will be considerd impotaint.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there...I was selling merch upstairs so i didn't really hear much of your set. However being a major Fenix TX fan I heard the start of your cover and ran down to hear it. I am a huge fan of them, (remember that before you hate me for what I say)...I didn't really think the singers voice was right for that song. I could hear it straining a bit.

I heard you do a blink cover too, which is cool...but cus they're so popular and well known I didn't really think that was a good idea. Just my opinion though! Cus everyone there would know the song and be able to notice mistakes easily.

Personally, I think doing covers at gigs is a bad idea. People are probably wanting to hear your original stuff, rather than covers. They can just listen to the covers at home, so they probably wont wanna pay to see a band do a few covers rather than all their original stuff. Also, the audience may come away with opinions of your covers, kinda like me, rather than opinions of your own songs.

I remember our first gig in Kef was scary and we put ourselves down too. But dont, cus it always seems worse to you onstage than it does to the audience. Now, I'm gonna do the really patronising thing and say what lots of people used to say about us: you'll get better with time and practice and experience.

i was there. it went pretty well but obviously there is room for improvement as it was only your first gig. you guys will get better. beth your drummer is fucking ace though. i must say when you keep asking if so and so is sexy, it does get annoying but that is only because im a shit. good luck though. :up:

I was there...I was selling merch upstairs so i didn't really hear much of your set. However being a major Fenix TX fan I heard the start of your cover and ran down to hear it. I am a huge fan of them' date=' (remember that before you hate me for what I say)...I didn't really think the singers voice was right for that song. I could hear it straining a bit.

I heard you do a blink cover too, which is cool...but cus they're so popular and well known I didn't really think that was a good idea. Just my opinion though! Cus everyone there would know the song and be able to notice mistakes easily.

Personally, I think doing covers at gigs is a bad idea. People are probably wanting to hear your original stuff, rather than covers. They can just listen to the covers at home, so they probably wont wanna pay to see a band do a few covers rather than all their original stuff. Also, the audience may come away with opinions of your covers, kinda like me, rather than opinions of your own songs.

I remember our first gig in Kef was scary and we put ourselves down too. But dont, cus it always seems worse to you onstage than it does to the audience. Now, I'm gonna do the really patronising thing and say what lots of people used to say about us: you'll get better with time and practice and experience.[/quote']

SnowWhite you are kinda right Aaron took it really band and today announced he couldnt be assed playing in the band no more (which he created) so maybe your reviews will cheer him up :)

Yea im sorry bout the Fenix Tx cover our lead singer did'nt wanna do it and i had probs with backing on it 2 :( the blink covers were chosen cuz we had problems compiling our set and we did'nt plan on doing any covers but one or 2 of our songs need to be scraped so we were pushed, the day before we did'nt even have a set list, aaron (guitarist) had it writen on scrap paper lol.

So anyways we are gonna keep working on vocals etc new songs and hopfully we shall be performing them on:

11thAug - Drakes

3rd sept - Drummonds (Foyerlive)

So i hope i can see you guys there the support for the 3rd of september is amazin the bands are great :up:

Dont quit the band!!! :moody: That's a stupid thing to do. I've almost quit my band twice cus of this and that' date=' but I'm so glad I didn't cus we've come so far now and it's great! Just cus he thinks he did a bad show, it doesnt mean they're all gonna be bad. As I said, experience etc...[/quote']

Yea i've almost quit 3 times but i've kept in and everytime i have it gets better so im defo staying. Hope you stay aaron!

I agree that playing original material is very important, but when it's your first gig i think it's good to play a couple of covers, i didn't see the gig i am just stating my opinion. If you play a couple of covers in your set, people know those songs and can get into the band more easily. If you are a young,new band and you play all your own stuff, then it's harder for people to get into as they have never heard it before so i say well done for chucking in a few covers.