aberdeen-music

UK wanted al-Megrahi release

Oedo 808

Not quite ' confirmed', the leaks just state that some diplomats were "relieved", which is far from an official UK Government position on the matter.

However, good to see that it indicates that the Scottish Government weren't complicit in anything shady concerning the release.

Guest Gladstone

Someone gave me a long report to read on al-Megrahi a while ago which I haven't got round to reading yet, but it apparently shows that his guilt in the bombings was "questionable" at best, so he probably should never have been locked up in the first place. I'm going to make a point at reading that report very soon.

[/helpful]

Someone gave me a long report to read on al-Megrahi a while ago which I haven't got round to reading yet, but it apparently shows that his guilt in the bombings was "questionable" at best, so he probably should never have been locked up in the first place. I'm going to make a point at reading that report very soon.

[/helpful]

The Private Eye one? You really should. Everyone should.

• 2 months later...

100% confirmed

All things considered.. it would be better if he were not to die in a British jail

BBC News - Jack Straw explains Labour role in Lockerbie release

Brown and his government were content to hang Mr Salmond and Kenny McAskill' date=' his justice minister, out to dry over the release when all the time they were desperate for the bomber to be freed[/quote']

Lockerbie report: Alex Salmond was right to give Labour both barrels - Telegraph

...all while Iain Gray in the Scottish Parliament attempted to make political gain out of his opposition to the release. Was Iain Gray ignorant of what the Labour party in London was doing or was he simply being two-faced?