aberdeen-music

megadeth/metallica

metallica_jaco

Well basically most the songs on Kill 'Em All & a few on Ride The Lightning were written while Mustaine was still in the band. I don't think James was happy with his behaviour & heavy drinking, so they kicked him out. Ironic Hetfield would end up in rehab years later

if you get the chance, watch the Megadeth:Behind the music, its explains it all from daves point of view, he's fairly honest too if i remember rightly, it unfortunatly dispels the rumour that he was dropped because he kicked Het's dog, i think he was really wasted and kicked his truck that the dog was in or something, cant remember. Also it wasn't just alcohol, Mustaine was into heavy drugs too, which is why he's been in rehab so many times.

And yeah, alot of songs on the first 2 albums Mustaine was involved in, im sure theres even one on Puppets. You'll also note that the mechanix by megadeth is The Four Horsmen with different lyrics. Also the solo kirk plays in Horsemen towards the end is basically the same solo Mustaine played it before he was booted....

Mustaine helped write songs for Kill em All and Ride the Lightning all though he said he influenced Master of Puppets. He also once said that Metallica would of been bigger than GNR if he was still in the band!

Yep, drink and drugs were the initial falling of Mustaine (hes been in rehab 27 times since starting Megadeth). He was put on a Greyhound bus by Metallica apparently by Lars. James was supposed to been upset. On the bus, Mustaine started writing lyrics for Megadeth.

The first Megadeth album was poorly mixed because a large amount of the budget was spent on drugs lol

I thought metallica were bigger than GNR anyways...or is it just me? Isn't it funny how dave mustaine was involved in Metallica's three best albums....

Not regarding sales. I reckon Hetfield and Mustaine should get together and bin Lars, kirk and get Jason back. Get Gene Hoglan or Vinnie Paul for drums and create an amazing band.

Not regarding sales. I reckon Hetfield and Mustaine should get together and bin Lars' date=' kirk and get Jason back. Get Gene Hoglan or Vinnie Paul for drums and create an amazing band.[/quote']

Hog hog hog....*shakes head* ;)

Anyway... I believe that Metallica are bigger than G'n'R

What's left of G'n'R nowadays? A desperate greatist hits and a desperate line-up that will never fucking release this new album....regardless of what anyone might say, Metallica are stronger than fucking ever.

its gonna happen.....hopefully before a Re-St Anger like they're threatening us with now.....

AC/DC dont have a greatest hits, as far as i know, but maybe there is and i just aint found it, and they're like the second biggest selling artist of all time?!....

...in terms of one of their albums anyway. Back In Black is second only to Thriller in global sales.

Guest haigyman

it's kind of annoying how in some interviews Lars is like 'yeah, i mean, after "...and justice for all" we could have easily gone on and done "...and justice for all part II" with our eyes shut, but we wanted to go in a different direction'. A different direction? writing mostly shit songs?

they said on all-metallica (i think it was) that they have some songs left over from St Anger and the LOAD/RELOAD sessions.....some sound like Pink Floyd, says Lars, and some like Black-Album era metallica.

we aint gonna ever, ever EVER get a brilliant album from metallica again. james, get back on the beer - for the good of music!