aberdeen-music

wireless guitar systems

EnkaiScreamer

Do many people use wireless guitar thingies nowadays? What are the benefits? Other than the obvious 'I can run around massive stages and crowd surf whilst still shredding, man'.

Main advantages for me really are not getting tangled up (because I'm a fucking idiot who actually does get tangled up in his own guitar lead) and never being at risk of accidentally unplugging your guitar.

the disadvantage though is that if you're a slack bastard you may find the battery for your transmitter runs out during a gig, although I can't decide if I felt like more of a dickhole then or on the occasions when I kick my lead out from my amp...

xx

Main advantages for me really are not getting tangled up (because I'm a fucking idiot who actually does get tangled up in his own guitar lead) and never being at risk of accidentally unplugging your guitar.

the disadvantage though is that if you're a slack bastard you may find the battery for your transmitter runs out during a gig, although I can't decide if I felt like more of a dickhole then or on the occasions when I kick my lead out from my amp...

xx

I'd recommend wrapping your lead through a handle on your amp and through your guitar strap, then when you pull on you lead you either fall flat on you face or your amp fall's over in true twat style!! :up:

As I said on the first post, remember the digital aspect. 100 expenditure on a non digital system will most likely be priced that way as many frequencies are becoming illegal to use so the devices which correspond with these are going to be at clearance prices ;)

That's pretty interesting. I've got one of those Samson Airline AP1 pedals with the wee AG1 adaptor because I'm ridiculously good at knocking leads out. Could that potentially be made illegal to use in the near future? If so, why?

That's pretty interesting. I've got one of those Samson Airline AP1 pedals with the wee AG1 adaptor because I'm ridiculously good at knocking leads out. Could that potentially be made illegal to use in the near future? If so, why?

I believe some people bought up large proportions of the frequency spectrum, typically used for wireless microphones and guitars etc.

yeh, also, what is with all the different frequencies? do they matter? i have found 3 of the same wireless guitar systems, all with different frequencies... but the same thing

Some frequencies are licensed out and if you use a licensed one and disrupt something else that is going on you can potentially face legal action. Other people have stated it probably isn't wise to buy a wireless system, at this current time: unless you get a 'digital' one - which wont have these sorts of problems. Buying a really cheap system (you said line 6 was too expensive) is just going to make your guitar sound bad. I suggest holding fire on this until you can get something that you wont later regret.