aberdeen-music

T in the Park Headliners

beetlejuice

The T in the Park 2011 headliners are being announced tomorrow. My mate just sent me this link (Index of /titp/2011xmas/images) to a GigsInScotland.com photo gallery, which seems to suggest Foo Fighters, Metallica and Faith No More.

Some of the other images in the gallery can currently be found on the official TITP homepage. Is this a cleverly constructed hoax, or have we found out a day early? If it's true, then TITP looks like it could be very interesting next year. Either way, we shall find out tomorrow...

Guest idol_wild

This year at T In The Park, I noticed that rather than take an interest in the live music, more people seemed to prefer either:

a) Dancing intensely to the lo-fidelity doosh-doosh (douche-douche) music blasting from the waltzers.

b) Finding a completely open space to squat and roll out a toldy or have a slash. Or both, in most cases. Cheap tinnie in one hand, fag in the other.

Delightful.

This year at T In The Park, I noticed that rather than take an interest in the live music, more people seemed to prefer either:

a) Dancing intensely to the lo-fidelity doosh-doosh (douche-douche) music blasting from the waltzers.

b) Finding a completely open space to squat and roll out a toldy or have a slash. Or both, in most cases. Cheap tinnie in one hand, fag in the other.

Delightful.

Sounds it.

Not sure what waltzers are, but I did spend a good amount of time trying to position a groundsheet to cause minimum spinal damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Blink 182? Holy shit. I've only been to T once but didn't really enjoy it. Most of the Main Stage was shite indie bands like The Enemy, The Verve and the Pigeon Detectives, or crap Scottish acts who really weren't there on merit. There were a few highlights though, never seen REM before so that was one to tick off the list, and I got to see Ben Folds and Seasick Steve. Chemical Brothers were ace as well.

My problem with festivals these days is the camping. I love spending the day watching bands, but having to spent three nights in a fucking tent, not having a shower, shitting in filthy toilets, with drunken fuckholes tripping over the tent puts me off. Not to mention lugging all that shit around on my back trying to find somewhere to pitch the tent. Plus I got a bit freaked out that a guy got stabbed to death the year I was there. If I could stay in a hotel and get a bus in and out every day, that would be best.

If I could stay in a hotel and get a bus in and out every day, that would be best.

That's what most of the journalists do, although they take cars rather than buses and stay in B&Bs rather than hotels. I know for some festivals they run daily shuttle buses too.

Also, the VIP camping is generally less shit, although that depends on the festival too. There's also the quuiet camping area, which should (in theory) have less drunken arseholes :)

Blink 182? Holy shit. I've only been to T once but didn't really enjoy it. Most of the Main Stage was shite indie bands like The Enemy, The Verve and the Pigeon Detectives, or crap Scottish acts who really weren't there on merit. There were a few highlights though, never seen REM before so that was one to tick off the list, and I got to see Ben Folds and Seasick Steve. Chemical Brothers were ace as well.

My problem with festivals these days is the camping. I love spending the day watching bands, but having to spent three nights in a fucking tent, not having a shower, shitting in filthy toilets, with drunken fuckholes tripping over the tent puts me off. Not to mention lugging all that shit around on my back trying to find somewhere to pitch the tent. Plus I got a bit freaked out that a guy got stabbed to death the year I was there. If I could stay in a hotel and get a bus in and out every day, that would be best.

I went with my brother one year and we stayed at his ex's flat in Glasgow, she drove over and back. It was great as it pissed down all weekend. Not so good was driving back up the road on the Sunday night and she managed to drive over a pavement due to one of those light post things being on the blink and bust her wheel in fucking Tillicoutry or some other Godforsaken place. Cue me changing a wheel at 1am with drunks asking if I want some help.

I never went to TitP last year due to family illness so decided to grab some tickets. Acts announced thus far make me want to cry. Maybe some good acts will appear on the smaller stages. I also detest the camping etc but my wife has assured me the Tangerine Fields bit is good so I fancy checking it out.

I agree with all of this....

Thankfully I stay with friends right by the site these days...otherwise I wouldn't go.

Camping sucks balls.

Guest idol_wild

Man up, bitch.

i think my main gripe is that it is over 3 days. you are effectively exposed to the elements from thursday until monday. i don't mind camping for 2 nights but the whole round trip is what knackers me, combine that with insane amounts of walking and drinking (just to get by) and you have a long ass week. i doubt that even ray mears could do it without a post festivle grumble.