aberdeen-music

Beady Eye

waste_of_faith

I am actually in agreement that the songs with Noel singing generally aren't as good.

Except 'The Importance of Being Idle' or whatever it was called, it was cool.

It's a conundrum, Liam is a twat but for some reason I find him amusing a lot of the time just for generally being such an arse.

I still predict Beady Eye will be pish though. It's almost as bad a name as Weather Barn for starters.

( I haven't listened to Weather Barn yet but I liked Cast of the Capital so I'm hoping with them it's only a dodgy name and the music is groovy).

Even "Don't look back in anger"?

I was going to say except Dont Look Back In Anger but i didnt think anyone would reply.

I mean tracks such as Live Forever, Supersonic, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Champagne Supernova etc.....Ive heard Noel sing them all and they are weak in comparison. Maybe not so much LIve Forever.

If you notice the albums got gradually worse as Noel sang more on them. Could have been down to the fact that Liams voice went after Be Here Now, but i think Liam's hits stand out more than Noels.

I actually quite like the Beady Eye track "Bring the light", the B Side "Son of Stage" is a cover which Liam has wanted to do for ages. He wanted to change Oasis to "Sons of Stage" in 97' but Noel said no. Noel wanted to change it to Weather Barn but Bonehead wasn't haven't any of it.

I could be here all day. Dont worry - i wont be.

Wow.

BEADY EYE release their eagerly anticipated debut album DIFFERENT GEAR, STILL SPEEDING on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records. The album features 13 brand new songs written by the band and was recorded at RAK Studios in autumn 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite.

I didn't think they could top the band name for rankness but, somehow, the title of the album has managed it.

That first single is an embarrassment.

I have no idea why anybody would expect anything remotely half-decent from them. Oasis didn't release anything worthwhile in the whole decade, and before then Liam's only involvement was to warble his brother's songs. Gem, Andy Bell and Liam have been responsible for precisely zero in terms of decent musical output in, at least, fifteen years (if you give pass marks to Ride).

Big bag o' spaff.

• 2 months later...
I reckon he only chose a name as shit as 'Beady Eye' so he could get his CD's closer to the Beatles in HMV. Surely?

Not heard the song. Don't really want to either.

I listened today just to stoke up a little hatred. The Dung Beatles would be the most apt name (The Shitty Beatles already having been taken)