aberdeen-music

~Get your tatts oot!!~

fatboy

How long do you spend deciding what to get for a tattoo?

I've got nothing against tattoos but I can't see myself ever getting one. I'm pretty rubbish at basic daily decisions like what to eat for dinner. I can't imagine being able to decide on one thing to get printed on my body for the rest of my life.

Which brings me on to something else, how possible / easy / expensive is tattoo removal?

A tattoo would look rubbish on my little girly arms anyway.

How long do you spend deciding what to get for a tattoo?

I've got nothing against tattoos but I can't see myself ever getting one. I'm pretty rubbish at basic daily decisions like what to eat for dinner. I can't imagine being able to decide on one thing to get printed on my body for the rest of my life.

Which brings me on to something else, how possible / easy / expensive is tattoo removal?

A tattoo would look rubbish on my little girly arms anyway.

I've spent anything from an hour to 6 months planning tattoos.

Removal is possible, usually not 100% and you won't ever tan on that area again.

More expensive than the tattoo itself and I hear can be quite painful.

I'd like to say here that if you are thinking about it, especially a bigger tattoo, think long and hard.

Once it's there it's there, pretty much no going back.

It can be a hard thing to get used to, I always take a while to adjust to a new tattoo. It's like a new haircut, you see it in the mirror and it looks foreign and you can't help but keep checking it out.

I felt quite uneasy at times the first few days seeing this fairly substantial and visible tattoo on my forearm, knowing it was there for good. I didn't ever regret it but it's a strange feeling that I imagine could be quite uncomfortable for anyone going for a first tattoo with a larger design. I mean I had a few before the half sleeve but they are smaller and more readily covered. Maybe that's just me but I'm Just trying to say, it's not something to take lightly.

Things to think about.

design (obviously). The good old "how will it look when you're 60". It's a bit of a clich but a very valid point. Do you really want tweetie pie on your shoulder when you're going to collect your pension

Placement: will you ever need to cover it for a job interview etc? Do you want to have a tattoo that will be easily visible day to day? I know it sucks but there are a lot of people who would pre-judge you in a negative light or having visible tattoos.

Cost: tattoos are expensive! Where I get tattoo'd it costs me 75 an hour and I've had 5 hours done on my sleeve and it's not even finished!

That's just my opinion but I hope someone finds it helpful

Anyways, can we have some more ink posted please?! I'll get the rest mine up tomorrow.

Lots of tattoo advice...

I'd also add - NEVER go to a tattooist because they are cheap - being a stingy bastard has got me burned more than once with shitty tats.. no matter how simple the design, go to a reputable tattooist and pay for quality..

Also, about the 'visible tattoos' thing; I've got some ink on my neck and knuckles and while it is a bit of a stigma to overcome, I've found that people can be pretty accepting most of the time. There are a few dickheads who write you off immediately for it mind and it'll affect you more or less depending on your profession, I work in engineering and get by OK with facial piercings and visible tats, can't imagine you'd get far in hospitality though..

xx

I'd also add - NEVER go to a tattooist because they are cheap - being a stingy bastard has got me burned more than once with shitty tats.. no matter how simple the design, go to a reputable tattooist and pay for quality..

Also, about the 'visible tattoos' thing; I've got some ink on my neck and knuckles and while it is a bit of a stigma to overcome, I've found that people can be pretty accepting most of the time. There are a few dickheads who write you off immediately for it mind and it'll affect you more or less depending on your profession, I work in engineering and get by OK with facial piercings and visible tats, can't imagine you'd get far in hospitality though..

xx

I'm just going on personal experience.

I work in an office, I have a snakebite, cheek piercing, 8mm conch tunnel and a 4 mm lobe tribal. A lot if people are surprisingly accepting but there are the odd few who I can tell are uncomfortable around me

I'm just going on personal experience.

I work in an office, I have a snakebite, cheek piercing, 8mm conch tunnel and a 4 mm lobe tribal. A lot if people are surprisingly accepting but there are the odd few who I can tell are uncomfortable around me

I can understand people's disgust at a cheek piercing, not made keen on those myself, but the others are nothing special.

That's cool! Who did that for you?

Go on, show us your other one

Styx at Draconian. My latest one was a spur of the moment little wee holiday souvenir tattoo while on the beach in Bulgaria. There's a tattooist on every corner of the resort I was at, no shit there must be about 40 tattoo shops in a place the size of Fraserburgh. So chances of them all being good tattooist are remote. As I found out when I came home with this on my back.

44946_435775080381_597970381_5351888_5852228_n.jpg

Styx at Draconian. My latest one was a spur of the moment little wee holiday souvenir tattoo while on the beach in Bulgaria. There's a tattooist on every corner of the resort I was at, no shit there must be about 40 tattoo shops in a place the size of Fraserburgh. So chances of them all being good tattooist are remote. As I found out when I came home with this on my back.

44946_435775080381_597970381_5351888_5852228_n.jpg

You should get that one expanded into a fruit machine/bandit theme. You know, a bit like folk who get cards or dice, but something that says Blackpool.

Mmmmmm wine...

I'm wanting a camera tattoo on my arm. Rrcommendations?

i'd say get a tattoo of yourself taking a picture.....of yourself! in a mirror.

go into your studio of choice ( i wont start a whole debate on who's best as thats not the topic here) and bring some designs of what you'd like and they should be able to advise you what is possible to do as a tattoo.

i think an old school camera (box brownie? is that right?) would make a cool tattoo for a photographer.