aberdeen-music

Wikileaks

jon

from the BBC :

Wikileaks

* Whistle-blowing website with a reputation for publishing sensitive material

* Run by Julian Assange, a secretive Australian with a background in computer network hacking

* Released 90,000 secret US records of US military incidents about the war in Afghanistan and 400,000 similar documents on Iraq

* Also posted video showing US helicopter killing 12 people - including two journalists - in Baghdad in 2007

* Other controversial postings include screenshots of the e-mail inbox and address book of US vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin

from the BBC :

Wikileaks

* Whistle-blowing website with a reputation for publishing sensitive material

* Run by Julian Assange, a secretive Australian with a background in computer network hacking

* Released 90,000 secret US records of US military incidents about the war in Afghanistan and 400,000 similar documents on Iraq

* Also posted video showing US helicopter killing 12 people - including two journalists - in Baghdad in 2007

* Other controversial postings include screenshots of the e-mail inbox and address book of US vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin

I don't mean in general, I mean specifically about the alleged DDoS attack and tomorrow's papers.

wikileaks have been given communications from various US embassies all over the world covering a range of subjects. They include things like saudi arabia's king putting pressure on the US to strike against Iran and a withering assessment of David Cameron. Much of the information is pretty embarrassing for the US as it slags off the countries where their embassies are based but some also casts them as a little bit naughty, implying their diplomats are actively spying around the world. Something which is pretty frowned upon(but I guess happens more often than not).

the DoS is a bit pointless as the information has already been passed to 5 newspapers including the guardian.

The leaks prove that there have been a lot of naughty boys and girls doing everything they said they weren't.

My favourite revelations so far include Turkey helping al-Qaida and the US helping the PKK Kurd separatists and the US operating in Yemen like they said they weren't. I'm also hopeful that the story about someone in the British monarchy acting inappropriately will be a real hoot.

If it were William that'd be too good. But I don't figure it's him.

The leaks prove that there have been a lot of naughty boys and girls doing everything they said they weren't.

My favourite revelations so far include Turkey helping al-Qaida and the US helping the PKK Kurd separatists and the US operating in Yemen like they said they weren't. I'm also hopeful that the story about someone in the British monarchy acting inappropriately will be a real hoot.

If it were William that'd be too good. But I don't figure it's him.

Prince Andrew apparently

US embassy cables leak sparks global diplomatic crisis | World news | The Guardian

I have to say, im not a fan of Wikileaks. The majority of governments are cunts, agreed. However, a lot of shit goes on behind the scenes that we don't need to know about and having it exposed in public doesn't really help things, only gives the media another month worth of material to go over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

this is all very intriguing... not what is being leaked, none of that is really that shocking... just what wikileaks is/hopes to do....

this blog about it is worth a read ...

Julian Assange and the Computer Conspiracy; To destroy this invisible government zunguzungu

quite theoretical but interesting... twine and stuff :)

He'll be destroyed long before 'invisible governments'. A nice idea though :up: