aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Cynic

Haight Ashbury tonight

Went along to this, had a couple of drinks. My brother turned up, another couple of drinks.

Asked the doorman, who had come inside to warm up his hands, when the show starts.

"What show ?" says he. "That was called off earlier in the day."

Fair enough, but there were posters, and the 'blackboard', still advertising the gig. Could someone at Drummonds not written 'OFF' on the board ? Perhaps one of the bar staff might have said something ? Then we might have had time to move somewhere else for some live music.

Since I had bought a ticket the day before, I assume that One Up will give me my money back ? (Including the 50p 'booking fee' )

Oh....sorrySilver!!!!! I was just about to leave for the soundcheck when Drummonds phoned to say it was cancelled. They should've definitely had info outside (and removed the blackboard!).

I would expect you to get a refund though....let me know if there's any hassle and I'll give it to you myself!

It's not your fault Alan.

I was looking forward to your performance there, because you seem to keep you best for Drummonds ! ( The 'fairwell' show was out of this world!)

If we had known earlier we could have tried the Tilted Wig or some other 'live' venue.

The Lemon Tree tomorrow is still on is it ?

Went into One Up this morning with my virginal 'Haight Ashbury' ticket, and was given a full refund, INCLUDING the booking fee. No questions asked, and not the slightest protest from the lad at the counter.

Well done One Up.