aberdeen-music

Black Eyed Peas

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Don't think this belongs in the "music discussion" forum...

Has anyone heard the abomination that is the new Black Eyed Peas song?? It's a new low even for them. Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm not exaggerating in the slightest that when I heard it last night I honestly felt a bit sick. It is fucking horrible.

Question: Who buys that shit?

I bought their last album, but it was off a street seller in Spain who was selling albums out of a toolbox, so I rested easy in the knowledge that they didn't make any money off it.

I thought they were OK during the Elephunk / Monkey Business era. "Pump It", "My Humps", "Don't Phunk With My Heart", "Lets Get It Started / Retarded", "Shut Up", "Don't Lie" etc. They were all decent tunes. And I do admit to liking that "I've Got A Feeling" song. Also "Boom Boom Pow" at a push. They've gone a bit electro-club-dancey in the past few years though and I've gone right off em.

Guest Gladstone

I don't know what it's called, but it's a re-hash of that tune from Dirty Dancing "I've had the time of my life" - not sure if that's what the Dirty Dancing tune is called or not. It's absolutely horrendous.

Ryan / Phil - I could kind of put up with them a few years ago (by a few, I mean nearly 10), and thought they were okay, quite fun sort of thing, but I went clean off them when I saw them at T in the Park. They were on pretty early in the day but had a big crowd out to see them. They came on late - well I say "they" but what I mean is some pish warm-up act came on and rapped a couple of shite songs, and then after him they did about 4 or 5 songs with some "whacky" shit in between - such as the boy break-dancing for about 5 minutes and then went off. I went along because my wife wanted to see them - if I'd been an actual Black Eyed Peas fan I'd have been raging with them not playing more than that, and filling their time with a shite warm-up act.

Their musical output since then got gradually worse until about a year ago and it continues to plumit at an alarming rate. This latest piece of shit is just completely unbelievable.

They were very good live when i saw them.

Really? Did they mime? Because they are auto-tuned to fuck on record, and any live footage I've seen/heard, the woman, whatever her name is, howls as if she's deaf.

An ex of mine tried to convince me that "Don't Lie" was the best song ever. I didn't quite see her point of view. She reaffirmed her point by telling me "But it's got a good message". I asked what the message was. She said "Don't lie".

Okay then, I'll try not to.

Really? Did they mime? Because they are auto-tuned to fuck on record, and any live footage I've seen/heard, the woman, whatever her name is, howls as if she's deaf.

An ex of mine tried to convince me that "Don't Lie" was the best song ever. I didn't quite see her point of view. She reaffirmed her point by telling me "But it's got a good message". I asked what the message was. She said "Don't lie".

Okay then, I'll try not to.

I saw them in 2003 and they sang/rapped live. I wouldn't say it was the best singing in the world but that didn't stop them from putting on a pretty enjoyable performance. I was quite close to the front as I wanted to get a good spot for Something For Kate when they came on after and they certainly weren't miming. Fergie looked pretty good back then too.

The laziest production I have had to endure.

The David Guetta/BEP/Usher dance-pop'n'b thing is up there with the laziness of Scouting For Girls. I fucking loved Usher when he was a slimey, sleezy playa, but now he's just a cunt.

There is some true toilet on the radio just now.