aberdeen-music

One for the Buffy fans...

Lemonade

'Buffy the Vampire Slayer': Warner Bros. sinks fangs into reboot | Inside Movies | EW.com

'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' to get reboot treatment | Movies News | NME.COM

Oh god. This could be horrible. It's going to be set after the end of the TV series, Joss Whedon isn't involved and all the cast is going to be different, even no Sarah Michelle Gellar. I am going to hate it.

But...they already continued with a Season 8 of Buffy. Albeit in comic book form, but Joss Whedon and several of the show's writers have been involved in that.

This 'movie reboot', however, is fucking ridiculous. I'm going to hate it as well. I've already decided.

Me too. I don't care who directs, who writes, who stars - if Whedon's not attached I'm not interested. And if he's not in it, there's no way there'll be SMG as Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang in it. Why don't they just give the fucking thing to Whedon? He'd get the original cast back as none of them have really gone on to bigger and better things and it would actually be good.

New discussion - favourite Buffy episodes?

Mine:

The Zeppo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go Fish (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Assembly Required (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I Only Have Eyes for You (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was still finding it's feet a little in series 1, but series 2-4 are absolute gold. They jumped the shark a bit in series 5, and it went downhill from there, was probably the right decision to pull the plug on it as 6 was crap and 7 wasn't much better, though were still a few great episodes in the later series.

Pretty sure Alyson Hannigan is doing alright for herself with How I Met your Mother, but she's the only one I can think of who pops up regularly. Besides supporting cast like Eliza Dushku and some of the folk from Angel.

It did start getting patchy about Season 5. My favourite episodes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Body_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

Doppelgangland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

Amends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

and so many more.

I love that episode!

It's not the greatest episode but I always thought the very end of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lessons_(Buffy_episode) was awesome!

I found a clip of it online

Skip to 2:55

Woop, woop!

P.S. Did you know? Buffy Season 8 (the comics) were set in Scotland.

I never actually read the series 8 comics. I had a bunch of graphic novels though, some of them were pretty good. I didn't care much for series 7. Spike with a soul and millions of "potential" slayers just didn't work for me, and "The First Evil" was a rubbish baddie. Caleb was pretty cool though, and he put Xander's fucking eye out! Kick ass! Plus the bits when it turns out that the school principal's mum was a slayer and she was killed by Spike is good.

Pretty sure Alyson Hannigan is doing alright for herself with How I Met your Mother, but she's the only one I can think of who pops up regularly. Besides supporting cast like Eliza Dushku and some of the folk from Angel.

It did start getting patchy about Season 5. My favourite episodes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

That's a really good episode.

I'm going to admit it. I cried at the end of series 2. And not just the first time I saw it. I still get teary when I hear that Sarah McLachlan song!

the bits when it turns out that the school principal's mum was a slayer and she was killed by Spike is good.

That's why Lies My Parents Told Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia works as an episode.

At the end of the day regarding Spike: they had to A. Give him a soul B. Kill him off. Spike was more annoying during the Adam arc I seem to remember. That time-period of the buffyverse is the vaguest in my memory.

Oh yeah, and anything to do with Faith is mint, especially her father/daughter relationship with the Mayor (and when she jumped Xander).

I just thought giving Spike a soul kinda detracted from Angel being a special case. Like, in the whole history of the world, there's only ever been one vampire with a soul. Oh no wait, now there's another one. But yeah, killing him off really cemented his change from baddie to hero. Though he did turn up in Angel again as a ghost.

In fact the only part of the Buffyverse I haven't seen is the last half of that last series of Angel when Spike is in it as a ghost. When they used to come out on VHS in 2 parts, I got the first one then for some reason just never did get the second box set. For the first couple of series Angel was fantastic, but it also was pretty balls by the end.

They're selling the entire DVD box set of Buffy on Amazon for 40, I'm itching to buy it.... Most of my collection are dodgy copies.

Yes, the end of 'Lessons' was amazing.

Anything with Faith is great, her storyline arc in the Season 8 comics has been my favourite so far. However, is it just me or are the comics edging into batshit mental territory? The future Buffy/Fray/Dark Willow arc was pretty sweet though. Most of the Willow stories in the comics have been good though.

I've got all of Buffy on VHS, first couple on DVD and only the first two seasons of Angel on video. Might get Angel in the future, it was really good when it started.

I genuinelly think one of the best episodes of any show dealing with death is "The Body", which just captured the whole thing of seath as a disorientating thing and the cionfusion so perfectly.

Other great episodes are Hush, Once more with feeling, and the one i can't remember the name of where dawn makes everyone lose their memory.

I genuinelly think one of the best episodes of any show dealing with death is "The Body", which just captured the whole thing of seath as a disorientating thing and the cionfusion so perfectly.

Other great episodes are Hush, Once more with feeling, and the one i can't remember the name of where dawn makes everyone lose their memory.

Tabula Rasa from series 6? But it's Willow that makes everyone lose their memory, not Dawn.

I like the one where Xander gets possesed by a hyena.

Ooh! The one in series 6 where Buffy gets some demon blood on her, and she goes nuts and starts hallucinating that she's in a mental hospital, her parents are alive, and that Sunnydale, being a slayer etc. is a all a fantasy inside her head. Then at the end it kind of leaves it ambigious as to which one is reality. That's a good one.

EDIT - Normal Again - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pack from season 1. Not one of my favourites, but I do like Xander as a character. The episode from Season 6 where he gets split into two Xanders was really good. I think it was Season 6...

Thinking back, I'm trying to put my favourite 'villains' in order and I'm torn between The Mayor and Spike and Dru because they were great during Season 2, especially with Angelus. Just a complete bunch of bastards who loved being bastards.

Ooh! The one in series 6 where Buffy gets some demon blood on her, and she goes nuts and starts hallucinating that she's in a mental hospital, her parents are alive, and that Sunnydale, being a slayer etc. is a all a fantasy inside her head. Then at the end it kind of leaves it ambigious as to which one is reality. That's a good one.

EDIT - Normal Again - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, yes, this is an awesome episode. I should really be working on a presentation but all I want to do now is watch Buffy.

Also, yes, this is an awesome episode. I should really be working on a presentation but all I want to do now is watch Buffy.

I want to watch Buffy now too, but I'm at work. I have just subscribed to "The Buffy Rewatch" podcast though, which is helping to fill the hole.

Favourite baddie? Hmmm, that is a toughie. Spike and Dru were awesome, although Spike was more an anti-hero than a proper baddie. I didn't like Dru when the show was on but I do really like her now. My favourite was probably Glory. She had so much power, and what always amused me was the could smash a building down on someone's head and then complain that she'd broken one of high heels. It was kind of funny that a god could be so vain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Pack from season 1. Not one of my favourites, but I do like Xander as a character. The episode from Season 6 where he gets split into two Xanders was really good. I think it was Season 6...

It was 'The Replacement' from Season 5. I got the complete collection for Christmas so in the middle of a Buffy-fest! :up: