aberdeen-music

The new Devin Townsend double albums

Hog

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thought this would be best thread to express how much I loved the gig on Monday.

Ultimate best time.

Devin was on top form and the atmosphere was amazing but I found it a bit disappointing. The sound was pretty bad (although I was about 2 rows from the front) and the setlist wouldn't have been my first choice. I'd liked to have seen more of his mellower stuff, as I prefer that to hearing most of Ziltoid.

Plus he needs to stop getting his nipples out and playing with them. That was even more wtf? than Ziltoid radio.

Devin is nuts, seen him quite a few times with Strapping! Gene Hoglin is fuckin nuts as well, how can a man so fat and overweight move his legs so fast....or should I say, for someone who can move his legs so fast, how is he so fat!?

But I thought Devin was completely done with music. Or am I wrong!?

Devin was on top form and the atmosphere was amazing but I found it a bit disappointing. The sound was pretty bad (although I was about 2 rows from the front) and the setlist wouldn't have been my first choice. I'd liked to have seen more of his mellower stuff, as I prefer that to hearing most of Ziltoid.

Plus he needs to stop getting his nipples out and playing with them. That was even more wtf? than Ziltoid radio.

Yeah the sound was a little shite; though I was also right at the front. Just not enough low end - bar the sampled sub drops.

I'd been looking forward to that gig for a long time - although what I usually expect from a gig wasn't perfect, it was one of the best experiences iv had at a gig. Looking forward to the faceless next...

Yeah the sound was a little shite; though I was also right at the front. Just not enough low end - bar the sampled sub drops.

I'd been looking forward to that gig for a long time - although what I usually expect from a gig wasn't perfect, it was one of the best experiences iv had at a gig. Looking forward to the faceless next...

Yes!

BEST time.

I had no idea they were touring but that lineup is amazing! May have to get down to that although tickets don't seem to be on sale yet. I also had no idea Apollo 23 existed, that's a very new venue!

Yeah (not to hi jack the thread topic), its gonna be fun. Also excited about it as ill be interested to hear how the music will transpose to a live performance; however the demographic it will attract may be a bit too much metalz for me.

I think it's gonna be a more scene crowd that a 'metal' crowd. It's Veil of Maya that will be the main reason for going for a hell of a lot of people. If they weren't playing I probably wouldn't bother travelling for it!

Well after following Devin's career for 20 years... I met him.

Lovely guy.

dev.jpg

Was this in one of the shops on Sauchiehall street? Doesn't look like the Garage. Did anyone stick around for the club night after? I was too tired so jusst went to bed. What sort of crazy music was on when he was DJing?

Really? They don't seem that great. Reccommend any tracks?

It's Not Safe to Swim Today, Namaste, Mowgli. Think they're my favourite 3. Michael Keene of The Faceless produced that last Veil of Maya album and it sounds incredibly artificial. I really dislike his production of drums!

• 3 weeks later...

I found this randomly on my hard drive.

25014xz.jpg

Sums up the night perfectly :p

Incidentally, for The Faceless support.... The new Born of Osiris album came out last week and is seriously good. I'm increasingly beginning to think people will be there more for BOO/VOM than The Faceless tbh. Scene crowd ahoy. Tickets still don't seem to be on sale yet though.