aberdeen-music

New Band: Bears Can Smell Fear

bearscansmellfear

It would be nice to have a bit more information about your band like a bio or something.

I know you're supposed to be indie rock and Hitman sounds about right but in your other songs you sound a bit pop punk, dare I say Blink 182?

If you could sing your vocals with a bit more conviction that'd be good. Reminds me of Bono at the moment (always hitting the same note) and I'm not a fan of his.

Also, some of your lyrics don't make much sense to me. "Take your key and leave". Don't get it. "And you're tearing apart"? Am I not hearing that properly?

The song "Hitman" could be tightened up a bit. You go into an instrumental section after the first verse and it goes on too long for my taste. I think you could come straight back into the song about the 1 minute mark, the extra 10 seconds add nothing except to my impatience. Also, I think the guitar solo should finish before the vocals come back in. It finishes on a high... and then... it goes on... and gets a bit messy.

I think your breaks/intros in general are a bit too long. Like there's a bit and then there's another bit and then there's another bit before the vocals come in. One good bit is enough.

I like the fact you've put harmonies into "Waiting Game". Most Blinky sounding song that you've recorded though so I dunno if you'll be happy about that analogy.

To me it sounds like you haven't quite found your sound yet but I have no doubt you can improve if you work at it. Keep writing songs.

Whoops, never even noticed that, and i listen to We Are Scientists quite a lot... time for a lyric change metinks. Also, bear in mind that none of these songs are the final versions, and are the result of the band's first trip to the recording studio (individually and collectively) all of the tracks are being cleaned up as we speak. Glad we've got so much feedback on this though.

Cheers

BCSF

Whoops, never even noticed that, and i listen to We Are Scientists quite a lot... time for a lyric change metinks. Also, bear in mind that none of these songs are the final versions, and are the result of the band's first trip to the recording studio (individually and collectively) all of the tracks are being cleaned up as we speak. Glad we've got so much feedback on this though.

Cheers

BCSF

WAS are good, but I didn't know they can subliminally write songs for you. :p