aberdeen-music

New Kanye - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Paranoid Android

The biggest ego in music is back with a really really great album. It lives up to all the hype and might make a challenge for my favourite album of the year. I'll need to listen to it a bit more first though.

A few tracks in particular have beats which are absolutely incredible. Nicki Minaj's verse on Monster is just amazing and making Bon Iver not sound out of place on a hip hop album is an achievement in itself.

I can't really pick a favourite track, but this is certainly one of the stand outs.

YouTube - Kanye West- Power

Ha

Would have been more believable if you'd picked The Blueprint.

But I did believe you anyway, so THERE....to ME :(

Nicki Minaj's verse is still the highlight for me

speaking of Jay Z his verse on the same track is one of the weakest moments on the album.

I thought there would be more people talking about this, I seem to remember a lot of people contributing to a hip-hop thread quite recently and this is definitely the biggest hip-hop release of the year. Only 2 people reply and one of them is an impostor

Anyway this has definitely taken over Late Registration as my fave Ye album and probably beats Tallest Man on Earth as my top album of 2010 too.

Ha

Would have been more believable if you'd picked The Blueprint.

But I did believe you anyway, so THERE....to ME :(

Nicki Minaj's verse is still the highlight for me

speaking of Jay Z his verse on the same track is one of the weakest moments on the album.

I thought there would be more people talking about this, I seem to remember a lot of people contributing to a hip-hop thread quite recently and this is definitely the biggest hip-hop release of the year. Only 2 people reply and one of them is an impostor

Anyway this has definitely taken over Late Registration as my fave Ye album and probably beats Tallest Man on Earth as my top album of 2010 too.

Ah damn I was gonna pick the blueprint - that or the linkin park collaboration...

xx

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I thought there would be more people talking about this, I seem to remember a lot of people contributing to a hip-hop thread quite recently and this is definitely the biggest hip-hop release of the year. Only 2 people reply and one of them is an impostor.

content of the hip hop thread is mostly over a decade old and more relating to hip hop in the truer sense than 'hip hop = black guys and or rap' sense. discussing how rap is not the same as hip hop is about as interesting and constructive as trying to 'define punk' though so i'll leave it at that.

for the record i dont rate kanye as a producer let alone a rapper, and never have and never will, so have absolutely zero interest in this

o_O

different strokes.... I guess

His G.O.O.D. Fridays have been a mixed bag but I'm pretty sure I want to hear this record. Am I sure? I think so.

I would say that most of the album is better than the best good friday tracks (of the ones I've heard)

I've decided to broaden my musical horizons a little... the only kanye west stuff I've ever heard is gold digger and the gay fish song from south park, and I though both were hilarious...

didn't know he was a producer too, any kanye fans fancy posting a couple of youtube links (or tracks to spotify) that are worth a listen?

xx

Guest Tam o' Shantie
o_O

different strokes.... I guess

I would say that most of the album is better than the best good friday tracks (of the ones I've heard)

different strokes...you guess? is it that crazy? i dont like his style of production, end of story.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Ftr I think it is unusual for someone that likes hip hop not to rate his production, but no i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

i'm speaking out of turn for the people i know who are into hip hop here, but i'd say that a single-figures-percentage of them give the remotest of flying fucks about anything kanye west is involved in.