aberdeen-music

Yet another question about the Aberdeen music scene

Randy Watson 101

Guys, could you do me a favour and answer this question:

Who's the best GOOD TIMES band this side of the north-east, or even the world?

I vote for Lynyrd Skynyrd. They're beer swilling, fun having honky rednecks. All and all, even now, with most (or all?!) of them dead I approve of their antics!

*If Aberdeen have their own Lynyrd Skynyrd cover band, then so be it!*

My friend and I were discussing this at the bus stop the other night. All the classic songs about starting a band concern being part of a 'good times' band. So, really, it's REALLY important we decipher who the TRUE holders are of this coveted title.

A certain band the two of us used to be in would frequently turn up, some sober, some pissed off their heads, and once even ended up naked onstage. Though I, and the drummer as a matter of fact, never really approved of all this, it has made me realize that A GOOD TIMES BAND IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Remember, you can't nominate Chic!

Thank you, please.

You need to lay off the CAPS LOCK, it makes you come across like a PROPER GUMBY METAL type, and there's nothing worse than those SMELLY LONG HAIRED VIRGINS, APART FROM POSSIBLY RAPISTS AND PEADOPHILES IF WE'RE HONEST.

As for the topic, my work-in-progress-skank-and-boogie-doo-wop worship band THE BOOGIE TEUCHTERS will have you dancing, romancing, and-giving-your-all-tonight in the aisles (if we ever get off the ground, no promises....)

• Upvote 1

you need to lay off the caps lock, it makes you come across like a proper gumby metal type, and there's nothing worse than those smelly long haired virgins, apart from possibly rapists and peadophiles if we're honest.

As for the topic, my work-in-progress-skank-and-boogie-doo-wop worship band the boogie teuchters will have you dancing, romancing, and-giving-your-all-tonight in the aisles (if we ever get off the ground, no promises....)

Hmmm...REALLY?! Though I MUST SAY the caps are done tongue-in-cheek, my man!

I vote for Lynyrd Skynyrd. They're beer swilling, fun having honky rednecks. All and all, even now, with most (or all?!) of them dead I approve of their antics!

My friend and I were discussing this at the bus stop the other night. All the classic songs about starting a band concern being part of a 'good times' band. So, really, it's REALLY important we decipher who the TRUE holders are of this coveted title.

A certain band the two of us used to be in would frequently turn up, some sober, some pissed off their heads, and once even ended up naked onstage. Though I, and the drummer as a matter of fact, never really approved of all this, it has made me realize that A GOOD TIMES BAND IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Thank you, please.

Thank you, please.

A good story is worth reading twice.

Matricarians. Alan Cynic stays up past his bedtime very occasionally.

I have also been known to kick monitors off the Lemon Tree stage, and smash chairs in the Tunnels............but only after a double cocoa.

After I finished my set recently a sound-chappie came up and told me it was real 'razors to the wrist' stuff....so I told him about the time and audience member ran up to me after I'd finished, dropped his trousers and took a cut-throat razor to his arse.

I just thought the guy had a bloody cheek!!!