aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
french_disko

Iron Maiden to play the AECC

Last time I saw Maiden in Aberdeen I was 14, wore a Saudi Arabian tracksuit and had an Inspiral Carpetsesque haircut.

Where did you get tickets from?

I joined the fanclub for a tenner this morning & they got a presale link & a unique ID code.

Just tried it again but the AECC has sold out their fanclub allocation now.

02 customers get a presale link on Thursday, apparently.

I am still traumatised from when I saw them in Glasgow a few years ago and they opened with their new album....in its entirety....followed by 3 classics only.

Normal tour this time, mixture of some new stuff and a selection from across all their albums, got my tickets yesterday so happy bunny! (now to try and not be sent offshore or abroad during that week!!!).

Won't be as good as the World Slavery Tour date at the Capitol in '84, classic line-up, no add-ons, (though JG does seem like a nice bloke), and Bruce broke his voice on that tour, and its always seemed weirdly strained since then.

I am still traumatised from when I saw them in Glasgow a few years ago and they opened with their new album....in its entirety....followed by 3 classics only.

This I'm afraid. Seems a shame that I ain't going to see them in my native Aberdeen considering how important they once were to me. Unfortunately I just don't want to see them again as their new stuff is rotten and I'm sure that's what the set will consist of. Hallowed be thy Name is still the best song ever though.

i heard this was going to be a "best of the new ones" tour, only playing stuff from "brave new world" onwards... really bloody hope not

edit: just saw on the website that the UK dates will be a best of show... awesome!

Eddie looks shit now, like they crossed him with the Motorhead head. Did they fall out with Riggs or something? (no I can't be arsed looking it up).

Not sure what the full story is but if you read the comments on his own website with regards to the Maiden stuff he is a very bitter man, it's quite amusing, Derek Riggs Portfolio

This link particularly but there's some cracking comments slagging off the band, management etc all the way through. using music as an excuse for selling merchandise? time for me to go I think...