aberdeen-music

Ben Folds tour announced for 2011

Lemonade

I bought a ticket for Glasgow and it came to a purse-raping 31. :(

It's definitely worth it though, as even with absolutely shite sound last time, he's still one of the most interesting live acts I've seen.

Nae cheap. All these booking fees and what not are ludicrous. I get tickets through my RBS Royalties account with a discount so 2 tickets were 45 in the end but still pretty dear. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be 31 worth of enjoyment.

To be fair, I think it's mainly ticketbastard,com and such like that've upped their services charges and the like. He was the same price in 2007 (25) but I don't remember having to pay totally over the odds? Though, I could've just been blinded by the want to see him back then, plus I had a job and lived at home.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded "Lonely Avenue" last night it's got some lovely tunes on it but it's not the same. I rarely pay any attention to lyrics when I'm listening to music but Ben Folds is one of the few who I actually do pay attention to because he's a great lyricist, so listening to the new album and knowing someone else wrote the lyrics just isn't the same. Good album like but no Whatever And Ever Amen.

• 1 month later...