aberdeen-music

Any Activists In Da House?

bbwoolfy

Trying to organise an anti-whaling demo in Aberdeen to coincide with next Tuesday's Scotland v Faroe game, wondered if there were any activists/concerned individuals among you who would like to take part?

For those of you that maybe aren't aware, the Faroe islands massacre hundreds of pilot whales every year in the most barbaric way you could ever imagine. If you've ever seen 'The Cove' and thought that was bad, well at least the Japanese fishermen know it is morally wrong and do it in secrecy... the Faroeans do it in broad daylight in front of kids! :down:

Check out the following links for more info...

End Faroe Whaling

Faroe Island Dolphin Drive Hunt..STOP NOW! | Facebook

ANNIE CARTY - DEFENDER OF WHALES AND DOLPHINS OF FAROE ISLANDS

| Facebook

and

(WARNING - this is not a pleasant/easy video to watch) :(

Would be really good if we could get something organised. Also arranging a demo in Glasgow (SFA headquarters, city centre, football bars) to raise awareness of this issue. Not wanting to spoil the game for anyone (apart from Faroe of course!), just hand out flyers, 'dead whale' demos, to gain wider public awareness on this matter.

Go to the source and do something about it, you'll get no response in Aberdeen I'm afraid. Sure raising awareness is good but in harsh times like these people tend to prioritise their moral agenda's and I'm sad to say but I doubt Whaling is on the radar, judging by the response of this at least.

not really, i know where they went. it's more why they went i'd like to know

as if this dude has a right to moan about whaling but no one has the right to not give a fuck?

that whale toast post (hey, that rhymes:popcorn:) was classic.

You do have the right to not give a fuck, you don't have the right to write "mmmm..... whale sandwiches"*. I couldn't give a fuck about whaling either, but I just didn't write anything rather than trying to wind up the OP, tempting as it was.

*or words to that effect.

Go to the source and do something about it, you'll get no response in Aberdeen I'm afraid. Sure raising awareness is good but in harsh times like these people tend to prioritise their moral agenda's and I'm sad to say but I doubt Whaling is on the radar, judging by the response of this at least.

Yeah, these islands are not our sovereign territory so unless you're up for direct action there's little point appealing to British citizens. If this were happening in our waters there would be outrage.

(hoping we are actually still supporting the moratorium lol)

You can't rip on someone for being an animal rights activist and turn into a big sulky pants in the same thread. It's just not cricket.

i just want to know the reasoning behind deleting more than one users posts without explanation.

it's monkey B.O

surely saying "in da house" is reason enough to delete the whole post in the first place?

i just want to know the reasoning behind deleting more than one users posts without explanation.

it's monkey B.O

surely saying "in da house" is reason enough to delete the whole post in the first place?

I gave you an explanation. Perhaps I should put it into language you understand.

You troll thread.

Troll = bad.

Mod see bad post.

Bad post deleted.

Make sense now? :popcorn:

You wouldn't, I would. Are you going to delete my post about kyuss reforming too? (assuming you don't care much for kyuss and therefore are unlikely to post about them?)

The fact that I don't care about whaling isn't the issue, the fact you are delibirately trying to wind up the OP to get a reaction is. Now stop your bellyaching.

And yeah, "In da house" is only acceptable if you're Ali G.

I've heard that whaling is cruel and unnecessary but there is an oil extracted from whale's brains that is needed for lubricating moving parts on deep space probes and other machinery operating in extremely cold environments. Can anyone confirm this or is it exactly as suspect as half the 'knowledge' I seem to have acquired over the years.

I've heard that whaling is cruel and unnecessary but there is an oil extracted from whale's brains that is needed for lubricating moving parts on deep space probes and other machinery operating in extremely cold environments. Can anyone confirm this or is it exactly as suspect as half the 'knowledge' I seem to have acquired over the years.

More importantly, we're running out of helium.

Why the world is running out of helium - Science, News - The Independent