aberdeen-music

Dexter - season 5

ZeromiserY

Anyone else watching it?

I know it's mid season already but I can't figure out where they are going with he whole "Quinn is porkin' Debs and Quinn knows Dexter is a killer" thing. Or where the saved the last dance wifey part of the story is going.

Thoughts?

PS, I'd you haven't seen dexter then I suggest you dk so asap.

It's beyond trashy now. I'm a couple episodes into season 5. Lithgow saved the last season but it was wearing thin by about half way through season 2. Dexter himself is becoming less and less interesting and is now little more than an emo prick who kills people. The sister is one of the most hideous and annoying characters ever put on screen. How she got through a screen test I really can't understand. Laguerta and Angel were tedious enough before they got married but now their 'romance' is like watching paint dry. I like the Korean guy but he doesn't get enough screen time.

I expect Quinn (nice job of reminding me of his name, he, like every other character is that forgettable) to meet the same outcome as the black cop from season one and everyone will go back to being unsuspicious of a) a loner with a passion for blood and b) an alarming non-gang-related homicide rate.

I don't know why I watch it to be honest. I must like it in some way. I think I just want to know what happens in the end. It's just such a chore to get there.

Typical American TV I suppose. Great show.

I expect Quinn (nice job of reminding me of his name, he, like every other character is that forgettable) to meet the same outcome as the black cop from season one and everyone will go back to being unsuspicious of a) a loner with a passion for blood and b) an alarming non-gang-related homicide rate.

It's being set up so obviously to have a similar conclusion that I don't think they'll do it. I want Dexter to get caught, sent to jail and be a killer for hire 'within the system'.

Nah, they'll probably do a season 1 rehash.

like the Korean guy but he doesn't get enough screen time.

I don't know why I watch it to be honest. I must like it in some way. I think I just want to know what happens in the end. It's just such a chore to get there.

Typical American TV I suppose. Great show.

Vince Masouka is the boy. He should have his own show.

I fuckin hate Quinn, I spend most of my time watching the new episodes screaming "FUCK OFF QUINN, WITH YOUR FAKE-TAN AIDS" at my tv

I hope he gets nailed like Doakes.

Robocop is in it now though! Excellent. Julia styles isn't winning any awards (unlike lithgow)

You're right though. It is getting worse as it goes on.

Vince Masouka is the boy. He should have his own show.

I fuckin hate Quinn, I spend most of my time watching the new episodes screaming "FUCK OFF QUINN, WITH YOUR FAKE-TAN AIDS" at my tv

I hope he gets nailed like Doakes.

Robocop is in it now though! Excellent. Julia styles isn't winning any awards (unlike lithgow)

You're right though. It is getting worse as it goes on.

The end of episode 5 where Masouka was re-enacting the suffocating sex scene was comedy gold!

This season has been quite dull. At least with the Trinity story whilst it did drag on ALOT, their was some character development..... this season nothing has really happened. Julia Styles character is quite annoying too. I kinda hope she meets the same fate as Lyla did.

You're all missing the most annoying part of the season though. The nanny's god awful Irish accent. Cringeworthy to say the least

The end of episode 5 where Masouka was re-enacting the suffocating sex scene was comedy gold!

This season has been quite dull. At least with the Trinity story whilst it did drag on ALOT, their was some character development..... this season nothing has really happened. Julia Styles character is quite annoying too. I kinda hope she meets the same fate as Lyla did.

You're all missing the most annoying part of the season though. The nanny's god awful Irish accent. Cringeworthy to say the least

There's something off about the nanny too.

Masouka's flashlight walking and air nipple tweaking was side-splitting stuff.

Just finished watching episode 7, not much in the way of development. It progresse exactly as you'd expect and the car crash.... You see it coming a mile off. (I'm not giving anything away. Trust me)

Right, i'm up to date now. Chugging along pretty well. Stiles is ok and the new hispanic cop is hot as fuck. I reckon shit will hit the fan big time in the next episode, it's been fairly tame so far.

One thing that really annoys me is the time keeping. Dexter seems to always have time in the day to do stuff like rent a van, buy tarpaulin, etc.

he must. he's always got a bit of tupperware or cling film on him but you never see him going to the shop for it.

Another thing is... if I was a serial killer I would be more careful with my computer use. Dexter seems to just hit escape or enter whenever anyone comes into the room when he's browsing and the window minimizes. Alt-f4 is where it's at Dexter! I hope he at least clears his history every so often.

• 3 weeks later...
he must. he's always got a bit of tupperware or cling film on him but you never see him going to the shop for it.

Another thing is... if I was a serial killer I would be more careful with my computer use. Dexter seems to just hit escape or enter whenever anyone comes into the room when he's browsing and the window minimizes. Alt-f4 is where it's at Dexter! I hope he at least clears his history every so often.

He got lumen to go do his killroom shopping the other day, then he gifted her a pair of murderin' gloves. In dexterland that may as well have been an engagement ring, which doesn't bode well for season 6. I fucking hate Julia styles!

Has anyone noticed that Liddy keeps throwing shit at Quinn? So far it's been a pen, a piece of KFC, various pieces of paper, photographs etc and a coffee percolator.

Predictions? We all know that Liddy has to die.

I'd like to think that Lumen will get snuffed but it's not looking too likely. Maybe they'll to the same thing as they did with "little miss pardon my tits" (Lyla) and do a surprise, last minute, end of season killing off. I can only hope.

"Tick, tick, tick. That's the sound of your life running out"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In keeping with the 'How does Dexter do that' theme..... How high is his car insurance? Seriously who would insure him? I count that total write off where he fell asleep at the wheel, about 2/3 minor crashes in the first 5 series, and 2 accidents in this one already.

Incidentally I'm quite liking the series so far. Seems to be a lot of mileage in the Doomsday Killers plot and some of the individual episodes had great stories. I loved the tooth fairy one but surprised they didn't flesh it out to more than one episode. Although they did a vaguely similar thing already with Trinity I suppose.