aberdeen-music

Good studios in town?

Mojo Workin

I'd check out musical vision. We got 3 songs done in 8 hours for 125 I think it was. There abouts anyway.

If you want an example search "handspeedsteve" on YouTube. You may not like the songs but you can hear the quality of the recordings at least.

You don't have to do 3 in that time. You could just do one and do it exactly as you want but 3 was a good number for us. We've decided on 2 at a time from now on though.

You can do live recordings too, not sure about prices then though.

You don't have to do 3 in that time. You could just do one and do it exactly as you want but 3 was a good number for us. We've decided on 2 at a time from now on though.

We got 7 tunes done in that time, laying down tracks for a 9-piece band...do we win a prize or something? :p

Musical Vision does a good deal for the price, 8hrs + mixing included for 125, although I believe that's only for bands who regularly rehearse there, would be a bit more otherwise. We've done it twice in the past couple of years and fairly happy with the results.

• 1 month later...

Dave- Give me a call sometime, I'll tell you all I know and give you some leads to look into. But the bottom line is I think you're going to do some driving to get a solid professional quality release. There are a few demo-quality studios in town, but if you're looking for a cd release you'll quickly run out of options- especially for the old-school sound I think you're looking for-

*disclaimer* I haven't played them all yet.